webhosting.cx/shcom?

Hi,
    I'm thinking of starting a small webhosting buisness with no capital so need a cheap reseller acount. One of the best I have found so far seems to be shcom (webhosting.cx), as their plans are pretty cheap and they seem to know what they're doing and have been around for a few years. However I've searched these forums and other websites and can't seem to find anything on them, is this a bad sign?

I am aware they offer adult hosting and so assume this forms a large part of their buisness (this isnt what I'm after btw! lol), so I'm also assuming not a lot of people would want to acknowledge that they use them, but does anyone have any experience with them, or know anything about them?

Any input would be appreciated.

I've just been trying to write an email to them to ask some questions (and check their response time) but was having trouble deciding exactly what to ask. Can anyone suggest some of the more common questions that you should ask about a reseller acount? maybe people who provide reseller acounts could list some of the most common questions they get asked by potential customers.
    Thanks for the help.

Hello,

Just because they aren't listed on WHT doesn't mean anything.

As far as questions go:

1. If you go over your space or bandwidth limit, do they simply suspend your whole account, do they automatically charge your card, or do they contact you before taking any action.

2. What is their policy regarding sites I host - If i have a Spammer in my account, am I charged any fees, or penalties - the same question about illegal content. What proceedures do you take to contact me, so I can contact my client about the illegal activity.

3. Is my account completely anonymous? Will my clients know that I am hosted under you?

4. What is your response time on critical issues - If I have a client waiting on an issue, when can I expect a response and resolution to a problem that exists on your end? You're hosting my business, and I take comfort in knowing your staff understand that my livelihood comes from this business. I expect them to treat is as if it were theres.

5. Do you have a stated uptime policy? Refund Policy? Guarantees?....etc

That is about all the tough questions I can possibly come up with at this hour. If I were hosting with this company, i'd want to know as much as possible before signing up - no surprises means you can host with peace of mind.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Thanks for the reply Hostkookster, that was really usefull, I hadn't thought of most of those.

No problem

Good Luck in your quest
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

I was just browsing the forums and saw this post. I host with them for about 5 years now. I've had never problems with them.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany ;-)

Greets

Deva-Fee

I have S-H-Com's Webhosting 3 account. I've been with them for just about a year. I agree with Deva-Fee.

There were two errors in that time period but, Steffan Henker handled my Trouble tickets quickly and professionally and solved the problems with expediency. After solving issues he also recommended steps I could take should the same problems arise in the future (seems I only needed to uninstall/reinstall FP extensions).

My associates sites have NEVER been down. I'd recommend S-H-Com highly.

Further info:

It would seem that since there are basically no "faults" with S-H-Com, there's not much feedback about them here. Now if they messed up like XXXXXXXXX.XXX...

I had an account with them before for a year, I had no problems what so ever, they have pretty good online support although its not 24/7. I only closed the account because I was no longer intrested in the site I was running, may buy a dedicated box from them soon thought.