how to save as "jpg"

Hi,

Using Photoshop Tutorial about fancy text I created an image. My question is how can I save it as "gif" or "Jpg"?
    Because when I try to save it only option get is to save as "PSD".

My other quetion Is. I have a square shape "JPG" image. Instead of shap corners I want corners to be curved.. How can I do that neatly.?

Thanks

I use a converter, you can download at download.com it is called XnView go to download.com and type that in, you can covert almost all types!
    I dont know about the corners tho

Try "Save for Web..."

As far as doing rounded corners - the FILE itself can not have rounded corners. Now what you can do, is draw corners in the image, and make the area outside the curve match the color that the image is going to sit on top of giving you the curved corner look.
    Something witty here...

If your images are photograph quality use .jpg (or for higher res on web use .png - 24 bit)

If your images are fewer colors, like with text, etc.. save as a .gif - you will get clearer images as it doesn't compress, but it only allows you 256 colors.

My answer is to original question.

It depend from version of photoshop you have. If you have 5.0 or so , then you need before merge all layers. Layers->Merge Layers. If you have 6.0 , you may skip this step.

Then use 'Save as' and choose as type 'jpg' or 'gif'

For .gif better to use 'save for web' . It optimize result.
    << Please review signature guidelines >>

Thanks for your replies. I merged the layers , now in the drop down box when I save it I do get te option to save as "JPG", but I do not get the option to save as "GIF"

Use save for web if you are saving as a jpeg or gif.

when u save it, goto save as .jpg and upload

no , if he have this version of photoshop , there is Export ->gif , in file menu. Save for web was appear later , before was third program for optimizing I don't remember.
    << Please review signature guidelines >>