What do you guys think of the following excuse?

"Ya we we're told to keep our mouths shut. The good news is myself and the techs that quit have decided to go into the industry as our own bosses. Ill post our new company soon, we'll be more then happy to welcome the Ex HosterPlus customers, except we do our hosting right unlike those supervisors.

Ohh and the truth about the first server failure they had was...
    I came into work at 7:30 Am on a normal shift and there was 2 other techs there... one of the supervisors was watching over one of their shoulders and they we're saying how the servers we're being overloaded and cpu temperatures and overall usage was exceeding what was known as our personal safe level. The supervisor disregarded all we said and told the people in sales to continue to add accounts. It wasn't 3 hours later our beepers went off and when we went over the server had basically fried it's self. The hardrive crashed, CPU blew and the memory's stickers we're dripping off them from the shear heat like candle wax. The idiots that they are though told us to cancel a dedicated and take their server... So in the end im happy you all didn't go with them atleast.

I appologize on my behalf for not backing up everything onto a extra hardrive and storing it away myself. "

This is from a so call "ex-employee" for this one hosting company that lasted about 2 months not even.

Well, if in fact he is an ex-employee, then I guess it is because he had nothing to do with it (unless he is the supervisor himself).

Were you hosted with these guys?
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Yes I was and there was no customer support at all. wich i find hard to believe he was an ex-employee with packages from $2.99 for 1500 MB Space 20 gigs of bandwidth

That's a very weak excuse not only does he admit he made a major mistake by not backing up the data, but he then has the nerve to say that he does hosting right and offers you a chance to sign up with his so called new company. Just walk away.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    That's a very weak excuse not only does he admit he made a major mistake by not backing up the data, but he then has the nerve to say that he does hosting right and offers you a chance to sign up with his so called new company. Just walk away.
    Good point. I think this is just a cover up for a mistake on their part. The company may actually be owned by one person, who says he was an employee who is "upset" at the "Supervisor".... Just a con, stay away.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

I wonder how he afforded that prices??
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

He obviously did not

That story sounds extremely fishy. Despite the fact that whoever you quoted can not spell, he/she has no concept of computer hardware. Hardware does not just overheat and meldown like a power plant when it is overloaded. The worst that happens is that the processes get extremely backed up, then begin to run very slowly, and worst case scenario the server fails to respond. I have never heard of a server melting down from "sales continu[ing] to add accounts". That explanation is completely absurd and was most likely completely fabricated.
    Justin Bachus
    BlastHosting, LLC - Professional web hosting at a low price with
    PHP, MySQL, FreeBSD, and more!
    http://www.blasthosting.com

I wonder how he afforded that prices??
    I think he hoped, that his clients wouldn't use all provided resources

Originally posted by jw
    Hardware does not just overheat and meldown like a power plant when it is overloaded. The worst that happens is that the processes get extremely backed up, then begin to run very slowly, and worst case scenario the server fails to respond.

Though I agree this sounds really suspicious - Ive actually seen a server get as close to a melt down as possible..

Now, this was early in the 1U generation - and the "fan" (yes one fan in those babies) failed - and it was in a rack with 30+ other 1U servers ( +KVS, etc) and the heat literaly melted the RAM, cabling, fan, and yes, the stickers were dripping - Now, I dont buy the story given above for a second - but... this has happened - especially when 1U's first came out and didnt have redundant fans (whos stupid idea was that) and cabinets didnt always have the best airflow, and people thought that they could fit 30+ 1U servers (or more) in a cabinet simply because they had enough room with absolutely no thought on heat, even creating a 1U server before a unit of that size could sustain the heat, stacked them right on top of each other instead of leaving a gap for airflow - and oh man - I could go on and on...

Needless to say - a serious sequence of stupidity and ignorance needs to occur to "melt" a server - either way - I would be wary...

"The hardrive crashed, CPU blew and the memory's stickers we're dripping off them from the shear heat like candle wax."

only a person that doesn't know what he's talking about will describe a server crash like that
    Solid-Hosting.net - affordable multiple domain hosting solutions
    Reliability and Customer Service are our focus!

The harddrive crashed?

I hope no one got hurt...

Tell me the brand so I can be careful not to drive one of their hard-drives; don't want to get in an accident...
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!