How much bandwidth

I'm curious. I'm going to offer email only packages soon, and was wondering how much bandwidth limits I should put on them? I was thinking of unlimited @yourdomain.com address, but I'm not sure how to gauge the bandwidth. Any suggestions?

This is not an easy question to answer, although you can count on the bandwidth used to be much less than a full hosting account.

Unless people send out mass amounts of email, or receive mass amounts of email, typically, bandwidth usage is extremely low. Setting a space limit will ensure people don't use it as a way to send illegal files.

Start off with allowing a smaller amount than you think might be normal - if your clients find themselves going over the limit frequently, raise it a bit - clients always like a raise in limits, but never a decrease. If they don't use near as much, well you saved yourself some bandwidth allocation that can be used elsewhere.

It really is trial and error.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

I would say 1 GB - 2 GB bandwidth per account max. You want to host many E-mails correct, is so don't offer to much bandwidth.

Hostkookster, advice is right start of small and see how it goes

I would say 1 GB - 2 GB bandwidth
    For spamming ?

10% people drink 90% beer. So you may offer extreme high limits. But now unlimited offers mean bad offers. So you need limit it. But limited too low , you may have lost clients. Limited too high you may attract spammers who will try to proof that they not spammers.

I think good value is 10 Gb , if someone will send too much , you may close his account.
    << Please review signature guidelines >>

10GB...monthly bandwidth...for an e-mail only account?
    That is over 300MB a day, for just e-mail.

Give them 1GB per account and be surprised if anyone gets anywhere near that.

Maybe charge per usage?

how about calculating a ratio of the disk space and bandwidth available with you and then offer bandwidth in proportion to space a customer buys
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com