A script like hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc.

I was wondering if there is a script you could buy. Or somehow get that let's you have the registration script, the script for the email inbox, contacts etc etc.

There are a lot of places where you can get free e-mail wondering if there is like an automated script for this...

I really don't know how to express myself better..Hope you understand what I mean

Thanks!

Yes, there is. It depends if you want to offer POP3 or no. I assume you only want to offer Webmail. If so, there are a couple options. Your first and foremost is HiveMail (google for URL). It's quite frankly the best one out there, but it costs money. The only free one (that I know of) is b1gmail (google for url), but it's in German. I have it running on my site, and I translated it all, and it works quite well. Not as sleek as Hivemail, that's for sure, but it gets the job done.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Thanks, that helped. Looking through that and some more right now.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a script (or a mod for hivemail or something) that would allow you to advertise. Like every email one of your users send you will be able to put something like this:

Hey, what's up?

------------------
    AD..VISIT HOSTING COMPANY.COM
    Thanks.

www.socketmail.com is like this I believe
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Yes, both Hivemail and B1GMail can add custom footers to everyone's email. Hivemail is the way way WAY better choice if you can afford it. Either it or socketmail.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

webumake.com check their mail software kinda cheap also

if you want profissional type try www.atmail.com so much pro and costs $$$ , i've been running it for both free and commercial use and its so great
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I love how atmail is like. But its pricey. Heh.

Well we have been testing solutions for a new site.

Hivemail is easy to install but currently no pop3 option and a little buggy. The support forums are also a bit weird...lots of unprofessional stuff going on.

Socketmail pro is more like @mail with the email server etc. But we are having great trouble installing it and seems to need a lot of patching and tweaking to get working. Even Servint engineers are having trouble with it.

Really I am now regretting not just going for @mail since have already spent over $300 on the other two.

I reckon will setup socketmail and then migrate to @mail once it makes economic sense.

Guess it depends how critical your mail is and what your budget is.

James

I thought HiveMail had POP3...

Hivemail has been working on Pop 3 for a while now, but its still "coming soon."...

You might want to contact mail.com and see what type of script they use for the site. I believe they bought it from somewhere considering sailormoon.com uses the same script.
    Kerry Jones

I believe SocketMail is the best choice. They are also throwing in the WAP module free at the moment. Their new skin is nice,kinda like gmail or yahoo, but nice. Now they have mail compression, mydocument and also 'tags' which is like gmail label.

Try it at http://www.socketmaildemo.com. Socketmail site is at http://www.socketmail.com

Is anyone currently using Atmail? Do I need to change the MX record to receive mails to @mail?

I have had this software installed into my system for about 2 months and do not have much time to get it to work.

I've heard good things about HiveMail, check them out.

Hivemail the best
    Off Topic Forum - An Off Topic discussion Forum.

Yes
    I also love Hivemail
    Primary email: advanced dot programmer at gmail dot com ..

Hivemail is doing ok, but they need more staff members.