Thread: Debit Cards

Debit Cards

Hello i was thinking of getting a td canada trust saving account. But theres something im not sure of. Can i still use that card to buy stuff at store and order stuff online?

When I lived in Canada I picked up a savings account with a debit card. I could purchase at most of the stores but not online because it wasn't linked to a credit card company such as Visa or Discover. I was with Scotia Bank in Vancouver at the time.
    Don't look for a way out.

So can i get like a paypal account?

Can i purchase at like wallmart.com with it?

You can't use it as a Credit card if it's only a debit card. You could link your bank account to Paypal and transfer money to/from your bank. I don't know the fees for international.

So lets say i get a saving account with a card. Can i make my own site and let people buy stuff and send money to the saving account? if so how?

You would have to use Paypal to receive money and they would have to send money to your Paypal account by either having their own account or paying by credit card. Transactions to/from your bank account take about a week.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...t&source_page=

You might be able to get a credit card that's linked to your Paypal account. Remember, you need to be over 18 to have an account at Paypal.

Ok so i get a saving account what wil i have to do to be able to sell stuff off my site etc.? Giimme the steps fro getting paypal from coding the code thingy... I htinking of starting my own online gaming league.

Just sign up for an account and fill in all your information. It will ask you for a bank account to become verified, fill in all the steps. Inside your account you will be given code to use on your website. To receive credit card payments you must have a business account which will charge to 3% + .30 I believe.

Will paypal send any snail mail to my house?

No 'spam' or 'junk mail'. You can request a check be sent to you though.

wait what what you mean... a check to be sent to me AND you say no spam etc. But is there ANY mail they send?

I've never received anything in the 3 1/2 years I've been with them except for the password reminder I asked for.

ok thanks man U ROCK!!!