Angry Photo ID + $200.00 to Xfer from

I have transfered registraurs before with no problem. Unfortunately a friend talked me into transfering to last year. They want $35. to renew. I wanted to fransfer to for $6. (extra year included).
    I found out requires signed photo id (drivers license) & $200.00 fax or mailed to them to let me transfer.

This is just a heads up for others to be aware of some snags like the one I got caught in.

I guess that is for OWNERSHIP transfer; but still you can get around that doing a registrar transfer at the same time.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

This is for ownership transfers indeed. Just transfer out to a cheap reseller. | Now Live ! | Coming Soon !

ownership transfer is $200 true

just transfer to registerfly normally and change the information there, even without asking permission.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Thanks - You're right

Thanks - You're right.
    When I tried to xfer, registerfly came back with a message of some error and couldn't transfer. I still haven't heard from them (several help requests).
    Upon re-checking, all I can find in renew/transfer domain name / transfer to someone else is the help files & form to send photo id & $200.
    A phone call to confirmed what you are saying. Thanks again.