Free PHP CMS alternatives to Movable Type

What CMS would you guys recommend for a shared hosting environment?

Remember to factor in maximum security, performance, and network stability under high server loads.
    DreamLogic Cult Film and Music Reviews
    STOPware - Visitor Management solutoins

Mambo OS, http://www.mamboserver.com very well coded piece of software, and free

thanks! I've checked a few at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ as well. Mambo looks good tho.
    DreamLogic Cult Film and Music Reviews
    STOPware - Visitor Management solutoins

mambo is extremely difficult to use in my opinion. As is typo3 (google search this) but they are both free and extremely powerful if you *do* know how to. ;-)

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

I would suggest PostNuke (not PHPNuke). I run one on a shared environment that normally has anywhere from 70-100 people online. The load it creates on the server is very light and the support community for PN is just great. I highly recommend them...

Watcher_TVI has a good suggestion here - PHPNuke's had "holes" historically but PostNuke has been better about these.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

I really don't like neither of those 'Nuke based' systems, too over bloated and slow, with most having unreliable code.
    Nuke systems tend to exaust the MySQL server with too many uneeded sql queries
    I also, prefer Mambo OS.

PostNuke has moved far beyond the bloated and unreliable code. Do yourself a favor and check out PostNuke because it offers you more options than Mambo. I've used both and PostNuke beats Mambo hands down. And from experience the code is not unreliable or bloated!

I had previouslly used phpnuke, postnuke, and a few other nukes out there. Mambo is by far the best system. The community is wonderful, there are many components and free modules, and its just a warm and fuzzy community.

Cool, glad you like Mambo, but unless its improved over the past year it was lacking in alot of areas. And it was difficult to customize with respect to functionality and look/feel.

But in the end its great to see people have choices out there and Mambo is definitely something to look at but don't put PostNuke in the same category of PHPNuke because it's gone way beyond the kiddy scripting of that program.
    Last edited by designs4nuke; 05-23-2004 at 05:25 PM.