Problems with rndc

Hello-

I was able to upgrade to Plesk 7.0.2, and I thought everything was fine, until I realized DNS wasn't working.

I'm getting this error when I run /usr/sbin/rndc reload

rndc: connect failed: connection refused

I made sure all the rndc-key blocks were correct in rndc.conf and named.conf, I tried removing the hyphen, I tried rebooting, and nothing has worked.

What's wrong? This only happened when I upgraded from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2.

Thanks.

TM

I fixed it.

For those that have a similar problem:

I found that rndc.key had a different key than named.conf and rndc.conf had. While in my past attempts I had tried using this key, and had tried removing the hyphens, I never tried them all at the same time.

I removed the hyphen from "rndc-key" in rndc.key, named.conf, and rndc.conf, and changed the keys in named.conf and rndc.conf to the key that was in rndc.key. I ran /etc/rc.d/init.d/named stop then /etc/rc.d/init.d/named start then /etc/rc.d/init.d/named status and everything is working fine.

TM

Originally posted by TheMatrix
    I fixed it.

For those that have a similar problem:

I found that rndc.key had a different key than named.conf and rndc.conf had. While in my past attempts I had tried using this key, and had tried removing the hyphens, I never tried them all at the same time.
    I have this problem, and when trying to do this, found that my "rndc.key" is empty?! Is this normal and what I have to do?