FULL SERVER MANAGEMENT for ONLY $35/month!?!?!

AcuNett has been managing servers for over 3 years now. We manage servers from Rackshack(EV1), Burst/Nocster, Server Matrix, FDC, GNAX and many more.

We manage servers with Linux or FreeBSD. We also manage Gameservers as well as Plesk and cPanel servers.

We have two plans available. This first is a one-time service where our admins login to your server and fully optimize and secure the server using over 50 different programs and tweaks.

The second service is our monthly subscription service. This includes all of the services in the one-time package plus we also log into your server to troubleshoot any problems you have and also install 3rd party software upon requests.

Here are the plans:

Initial One-Time Service - $75 one-time

- SIM (System Integrity Monitor) - It reboots services that have failed within 5 minutes
    - SPRI – (System Priority) - Sets priority to current processes being run on your server, decreasing load 10-25%
    - PMON - (Port Monitor) – Monitors network connections and sends emails when new ports have been opened.
    - PRM - (Process Resource Monitor) – Monitors all resources used by all processes and if a process is being flooded or causing high load on the server, it is killed.
    - BFD - (Brute Force Detection) – Detects brute force connections and automatically enters the offending Ips into the firewall to be blocked.
    - MailScanner and Clam-Antivirus – Detect emails containing viruses or spam and discard them so your server is not the origin of the spread of today’s common viruses or spam emails.
    - /tmp hardening – We harden /tmp so no malicious scripts can be executed from the commonly used directory.
    - Optimize FTP Server for faster connections.
    - Optimize MySQL to reduce load and speed up MySQL connections.
    - Optimize Apache to significantly reduce load and page loading times.
    - IDS (Intrusion Detection System) – Detects attempts to connect to the server and blocks the offending IP addresses.
    - Host.conf Hardening – Prevents IP spoofing and prevents DNS poisoning.
    - CHKRootKIt – Simple script that detects software used by hackers. It scans once a day and emails the client if any suspicious scripts are found.
    - Disabling Unused Services – We disable unused services to prevent them from being exploited.
    - Firewall Installation - (APF, Kiss, Bastille)
    - TCP/IP Hardening – Prevents DDOS and SYN-Flood attacks.
    - Logwatch – Sends a daily report to the client with all activity that has taken place on the server for that day.
    - Operating System Optimization – Optimize the OS for faster operation and load reduction.
    - Remove unused software – We remove unneeded software to prevent this software from being exploited.
    - Libsafe - Libsafe prevents buffer overflows and scans for exploitable software and notifys the client daily if any is found.
    - Turck mmcache and Zend Optimizer Installation - which decreases page loading times by caching php scripts.
    - SSH Server Hardening- locks down the SSH server.

Monthly Service - $35 setup and $35/month

- Everything included in initial setup above
    - Monthly Checkup on Server
    - Monthly Tweaking to Optimize and Secure Server
    - Install any 3rd Party Software Upon Request
    - Troubleshoot any problems that occur
    - Constant Security Updates and Patches
    - Kernel Upgrades (extra fee)
    - External Monitoring (extra fee)

Add 10 Minute Server Monitoring for $20/month
    - AcuNett will proactivly monitor your server and ensure it is online 24/7

To order, visit our site at www.acunett.com/management/order

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-15-2004 at 06:36 PM.
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

I just sent an urgent trouble ticket regarding the server Acunett manages for us, and it was dealt with in less than 2 minutes!

These guys help me sleep at night!

yup Ronny is great i highly recommend any of his services

Re: FULL SERVER MANAGEMENT for ONLY $35/month!?!?!

Originally posted by AcuNett
    We manage servers with Linux or FreeBSD. We also manage Gameservers as well as Plesk and cPanel servers.
    I use Plesk but I know of someone that might be interested in your services. Do you also manage the Ensim control panel?
    3D Host - Web, Movie & Active Worlds Hosting (Since 1998)

Hello, we currently do not manage Ensim machines, but we have made plans to start offering Ensim management in 1-2 months.

Regards,
    Rob

Awe drats, I was already to sign up... But Ensim support would be a necessity.

Will you manage webmin?

what kind of problems will you "troubleshoot" for $35/month? Looks good but what if we have a major problem that takes a few hours to fix?

Originally posted by vibesolutions
    Will you manage webmin?

what kind of problems will you "troubleshoot" for $35/month? Looks good but what if we have a major problem that takes a few hours to fix?
    don't take the above quote wrong. I've seen your services here offered for a while and I'm definitely interested ;-)

Hi Jeff,

Yes, we manage webmin servers as well. We troubleshoot any software errors such as apache, php, mysql, etc. Do you have any specific problems that need troubleshooting?

Originally posted by Nettworkz
    Awe drats, I was already to sign up... But Ensim support would be a necessity.

Dont forget DirectAdmin that is starting to be a HUGE seller same with plesk.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Where can I chekc your server/network uptime stats?
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

We don't have those available however our network uptime shouldn't reflect our management capabilities.
    Ronny Fang

Yep, they manage your server, has nothing to do with uptime

All is not sweetness and light.

I placed an order with Acunett back in February, I see here people praising Ronnie which surprises me as Ronnie would have nothing to do with me and directed me to Rob claiming he did nothing with server security.

Order was eventually placed ( after being passed from pillar to post) and paid for on the 22nd of February with a timescale of 48hrs, When Nothing was done in that time frame I contacted them to find out they had been having difficulties with their helpdesk and I resent the information, when again nothing was done after a further 48hrs I contacted Rob again and received a rather curt reply telling me I had only placed the order the day before ( wrong!)

Work eventually started on the Friday Night and I awoke the next moring to around 1500 emails and a totally screwed Firewall/DNS and a notification from Acunett that the job had been done.

Unable to contact until later in the day ( I am UK) his first reaction was everything was done right, PSAD was sending out hundreds of false messages because of the monitoring service from Server matrix so for someone that advertises they do SM serviers I found this strange so I had to go to SM and confirm the ports that required to be open, they also had to ask what ports to open for Cpanel

After this was done the server stopped sending ANY emails plus the DNS was still screwed at this point I was told by Rob to put in a Cpanel support request - Just what I wanted to hear, after another day the emails began ( problem being the release version of Cpanel they had upgraded to - more about this later) the emails began to come through again along with a test email not from Acunett but from SERVERWIZARDS.COM on querying this Rob told me that this was one of their techs, to me this is suspect and also the fact that my root password had been passed to another company as the email came from the serverwizards servers. This is a blatent breach of privacy

Despite repeated calls for a refund or a permanent fix all I could get out of Rob was " We do hundreds of servers and have not done anything different with yours"

The DNS problems were tied down to the firewall, some ISP's seemed to be getting blocked, after a bit of gentle persuasion the firewall was changed which was still not configured right.

At his point I gave up ( as it was costing me more in time and money to deal with these people than it was to write it off) however 3 days after the completed "security" project the server was compromised because of the insecure Cpanel version they had upgraded to and the fact they switched off the firewall so the DNS would work.

This is just the major issues, there is lost more little points like multiple logwatch reports, no information on what is installed and how it interacts - just basically a cheap but unprofessional service

All in all a total waste of time effort and money ( mine)

I have now had this and other servers secured by another company with none of the issues of above.

Just for the record before we go into a flame war, I have retained all email communication from Acunett and Serverwizards.com pertaining to this "upgrade"
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

No I do server security, I simply didn't have anything to do with your particular server so I can't say anything in defense of that. I'll leave that up to Rob.

Marcin of serverwizards works for us, but he also started his own admin company on his spare time.

I was under the impressions that it was a kernel issue with your server.. you didn't mention anything about it in your post though.
    What exactly was the cause of all this? A misconfigured firewall?
    Ronny Fang

Hi Goldwing,

I am terribly sorry you were not pleased with our service. If you can please remind me of your email and name, I will be able to remeber your particular situation.

Thank you,
    Rob

Originally posted by AcuNett
    No I do server security, I simply didn't have anything to do with your particular server so I can't say anything in defense of that. I'll leave that up to Rob.

Marcin of serverwizards works for us, but he also started his own admin company on his spare time.

I was under the impressions that it was a kernel issue with your server.. you didn't mention anything about it in your post though.
    What exactly was the cause of all this? A misconfigured firewall?
    Lots of problems!!

Kernel?, well Acunett were supposed to upgrade the kernel in the package, which I am pretty sure wasn't done.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=239123 was the original post and services offered
    Firewall
    PSAD
    Cron jobs
    chkrootkit

I could also list a whole list of items that were not done as per schedule
    anti spam
    anti virus
    SSH hardening ( unless of course leaving SSH protocol as standard is hardening)

Most of which were "solved" by switching off or removing
    In addition some of the blame was laid on a SMARTd report giving kernel errors and the blame being put on a faulty drive, I pointed out the error was a common one and not a fault however Rob still maintained the drive was dying ( still ok and no errors now 3 months on)

I contacted you personally after the post on WHT via MSN you told me you didn't touch the security side and asked me to PM which I did, however the PM also went to you not Rob, this was then followed up by an Email at which point I was then put in touch with Rob.

Your PM to me
    please PM Rob, as he is the one that takes care of these matters. His username is Rob AcuNett or you can reach him via email, rob@acunett.com
    This is not directed at you personally just trying to clarify what actually did happen

As I said previously the work was carried out by another company and did not have ANY of the issues that I had after the service provided by Acunett
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Hi Sir,

I neglect to say that you are right in most of the issues you discussed here. To clarify a few things:

- I handle all of the presales, etc and that is why Ronny pointed your presale questions to me.

- Your server was done by Marcin. Because of the issues we had with your machine along with issues involved with another client, we have discontinued those packages, as you can see from our website. We now do all management in house and do not outsource our jobs to other admins.

Lastly, I would like to apologize once again for the miscommunication between our admins and the unsatisfactory service we performed on your machine.

OK
    Everyone screws up now and again.

But why if you were aware that the job had not been done correctly was no refund processed when requested and why did you insist at the time that everything was OK.

I would also point out that at the time you insisted the job was not outsourced ( I did ask specifically at the time when the serverwizards email came through)

Given that you now seem to accept that this work was not carried out properly I will publically request a refund is given on the fees paid as a minumum.

Hi Sir,

The admin was working for us at the time so we do not consider that being outsourced. I was not aware the job had been done incorrectly and I even offered to solve the problem for you, however, the root passwords had been changed by you.

Lastly, I do feel a full refund is necessary so please email me and I will take care of that for you.

Regards,
    Rob