i need your brain

its a bit long. hope you will read it

im thinking of setting up a refferal based commision system for a webhosting resource.

for instance you come to the website, tell us which domain you want and what kind of hosting you want and companies make you offers. if you decide to sign up with one of them, i get a fixed commision from the company.

my problem is how im i going to find out which people that i have send signed up for which company.. because i dont want to use my own cc processing system. they will order it through the company's website. and in my country not everybody uses cc, so its diffucult track them down during the ordering process. (they order via cc, money transfer, or paypal or they give the cash by hand

i was thinking, because its difficult to track them during the ordering process, i can later perform whois look ups for the domains that asked for offers in my website.

if nameserver belongs to x company then ill charge x company.

the problems are:

- some companies are resellers and they dont have nameservers.
    - what if the person asks for private nameservers? then i cant track them
    - the company may give them different nameservers, so i wont find out that they are hosting the website

my questions are:

- if i cant trach them through nameservers, then how can i do it?
    - or is there a way of finding out those nameserver tricks?

thanx for reading at least

I think referral stuff are a good idea but maybe it would work a couple years back... Have you seen the referral systems these days? there are sites with 10 level or referrals.. it's so hard to get into those things... beleive me i have a couple referrals sites too

I know it is difficult in US or Europe. But im gona do it for a small non english speaking country.

Do you have any ideas about how they track the sales?

All of the big Referral sales companies like Clixgalore and CJ require that you place certain code in your website so that their system can track when a sale has been completed by a client who accessed the website through a link created by the Referrer.

This requires the hosting provider who wants to list his services on your site to provide a small commission downpayment, that sits in a pool. Once he uses up that pool, you can request more. It's kind of like a PayPer click system, but it works as a PayPer successful order.

Setting up such a system is not easy - you must provide the hosting companies a place to track the successful orders, a place to report those that did not go through, a control panel to administer their listings.

It really turns into a large undertaking, one that is really not worth your time to begin with - but if successful could provide a lasting income. Thats the gamble.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Originally posted by Hostkookster
    ..you must provide the hosting companies a place to track the successful orders, a place to report those that did not go through, a control panel to administer their listings...
    are you saying that, for instance CJ, is giving the companies the credit card processing system. so when a sale has been made, the company has to see it through CJ's system?

if thats how it works, then the thing you say below would be unneccesary.

Originally posted by Hostkookster
    ..This requires the hosting provider who wants to list his services on your site to provide a small commission downpayment, that sits in a pool. Once he uses up that pool, you can request more. ...
    since the CJ is handling the billing issues they can take their commision and send the company the rest of the money.

if i got what you said wrong, and CJ is not giving them cc processing system, then how do they know if a sale has been made. because cc processing is trackable but it seem impossible to me to track payments with checks and money orders.

No, CJ doesn't give credit card processing. If a client signs up from a CJ affiliate website/link a tag is created at the end of the URL with the affiliate ID. This tag is created by the code that is placed within each of the hosts webpages to track a potential buyer.

A cookie is also created on the potential buyers computer, so next time he visits the site, the affiliate ID tag is placed in the URL again to track a potential sale so it's not lost if the potential buyer leaves and then returns.

CJ tracks orders through that code - if an order is completed with that URL tag affiliate ID, the system knows where the commission is supposed to go, and that commission is taken from the commission pool paid by the company using CJ's affialite services.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

see if www.affiliatezone.com and www.linkshare.com are of use.

thanks

use this company, they are the cheapest and the best and do NOT allow parasites into their network.

www.shareasale.com
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!