* Ensim 3.6 Nameserver. Plzzz Help!!!

Hi,

I have been looking everywhere for a how-to guide on setting up my own namesevers on Windows 2003. I have Ensim Pro 3.6 with Windows 2003. The closest thing i could find was at http://www.venturesonline.com/docs/ensim/nameservers/

But the problem with that is i can follow the steps all the way up to Step 3. where it says Setting the default nameservers.

As soon as i get to this, i cannot continue any further because it tells me to configure BIND DNS server but ensim 3.6 doesnt have that option. So i am really stuck and would really really appreciated anyones help on this. A demo of the version of Ensim that i have is available at the ensim site: http://www.ensim.com/products/pro/demos/wp36/login.htm

Many thanx in advanced

i've register ns1 and ns2 with my domain regitrar and got it pointing to my two IP's. I've also created A records for NS1 and NS2 and i've also created NS1 and NS2 NS Records. But i dont know what i have to do do next, i dont think it will just work like this. I read that i need to bind the two IP's and set the default primary nameserver.

Any help would be really appreciated.

thanx

well i dont use a windows server but on linux you go to DNS >Configuration and the option is in there to configure the primary and secondary nameserver

i think i just managed to get my nameserver to work but i have a question, do i have to Enable Reverse DNS Lookups for the domain that will be used as my nameserver? or can i keep this feature turned off? if i've got an option i'd rather keep it off so it doesnt consume system resources.

cheers

There are some ISP's, such as AOL, that will reject any email that comes from a mail server without a reverse DNS entry. I'm not sure if yu own your IP's, but it always a good idea to keep Reverse DNS on.

-R
    Hosting&COLO.COM -- Toll Free: (888) 473-1831
    Affordable colocation in Los Angeles. Yes, we have Mzima Bandwidth!
    "If you quit before you've given it 100% you will be very disappointed in yourself for the rest of your life."

what exactly is a Reverse DNS Lookup ? and how can i test if my Reverse DNS Lookup is working fine on my server so that i dont risk emails being rejected.

This link will probably help...
    http://www.dnsstuff.com/info/revdns.htm

-R
    Hosting&COLO.COM -- Toll Free: (888) 473-1831
    Affordable colocation in Los Angeles. Yes, we have Mzima Bandwidth!
    "If you quit before you've given it 100% you will be very disappointed in yourself for the rest of your life."