Your thoughts on outsourcing(not another debate:)

I am doing a project in my junior class on outsourcing. The project basically involves coming up with a question and including 8-10 documents that support/reject the position mentioned in the question.

So, I would like two of the "documents" to be experiences(positive and negative) of people who have tried outsourcing, being the employer. Thus, I will appreciate if you have outsourced customer support or anything related to offshoring work, a paragraph or two describing your experience and basic thought about outsourcing will be greatly appreciated.

This is not a debate Simply a request for some first-hand experiences.

Are you trying to outsource your homework?

LOL !!
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    Php laravel developers,
    Ruby on Rails developers,
    www.chrisranjana.com

zaid2001:

WHT has had many threads where outsourcing has been debated. Do a search in WHT for 'outsourcing"; you'll find plenty of opinions.

What you're looking for probably requires a little further research on your part. Post your question in business forums and do a google search; you'll be inundated with material.

Good luck.

Let me have it, I outsourced and have been outsourced and can I give a pretty good insight on things
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

If your interested in oursourcing on a global level, my firm has been instrumental in helping many companies with those needs.

I know we have a ton of white papers on the subject or I could do a Lexis Nexis search and send you all articles relating to outsourcing.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?

Originally posted by adorno
    zaid2001:

WHT has had many threads where outsourcing has been debated. Do a search in WHT for 'outsourcing"; you'll find plenty of opinions.

What you're looking for probably requires a little further research on your part. Post your question in business forums and do a google search; you'll be inundated with material.

Good luck.
    Yes, I have done a search on WHT and google. However, amid gazzillion posts mainly ARGUING about the right and wrong of outsourcing, I wanted to hear from first hand experience in a simple paragraph or two. That was part of the homework: to find such editorials and take excerpts from it.

Still, thanks for your advice and for everyone else who was kind enough to contribute to this thread