Standing Out and Getting Ready to Advertise

I have been pondering this for a while now, and would like to know what the WHT community thinks.

What is a good way to stand out? There are so many hosting companies around, it's easy to overlook a good one. So, what should we do to stand out? We have a $600 advertising budget for the rest of this month, and we want to be ready for the visitors (our first time advertising). And before we do, we need everything to be perfect, especially the standing out part.

We have already upgraded servers, are working with a new design, and have hired enough staff to satisfy our clients completely. I think we are ready, but we don't stand out! Our new design will include a flash intro (wich will help a little), but we can't think of anything else. ...What should we do? This was unfortunately overlooked for the business plan.

Thank you in advance for the help.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

It wasn't overlooked; the business plan isn't meant to ever be perfect. You're supposed to keep adding and removing stuff from it as your situation changes. Adsense seems to work well enough or so I've been told.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

One question, what operating system do your servers run? I noticed you had Sun systems on your site which run Solaris. The server picture on your site is worth $600,000 - $1.1 million.
    Webmaster Forum webmastertalk.net Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools domainfocus.com Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

You don't have to run Solaris.

Linux and BSD make distribution for the SPARC architecture.

The same way they make Slowlaris on x86.

Cheers,

Matt

Originally posted by utsn
    You don't have to run Solaris.

Linux and BSD make distribution for the SPARC architecture.

The same way they make Slowlaris on x86.

Cheers,

Matt

With $600 for advertising, I highly doubt he's running actual SunFire servers.

I'm just offering advice as this would confuse potential clients.

Server Specs

Intel Pentium IV 2.8GHz
    1GB DDRAM Memory
    Webmaster Forum webmastertalk.net Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools domainfocus.com Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Do people think investing in a Flash intro is really worth it?
    And on the server photo front, I went to the site, and the first thing i noticed was the menu at the top. "I've seen that somewhere else"
    http://www.ihostbox.net/
    http://www.cpqservices.com/
    Same source for template im guessing.
    So they probably just selected a nice looking template, and it just happened to have a pic of a nice looking (if very expensive) server
    laslo.ca
    Quality Canadian Web Hosting

It's a template monster template, I'm sure people have chopped it up and used it for various other works. It really doesn't matter though because we are switching designs soon
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Who are your target market? The fact is, with a ad budget of $600, you are really going to have to start out with a small niche market.

Only after you have determined your target market can you really look for a means of standing out.