will this work? Google keywords related

Everyone keeps telling me the better the conent and the more key words you actually have placed on your site, the higher the ranking right? Everyone says that google or no one really uses the keywords in the meta tags and stuff.

At the very bottom of my page, if I make a link go to another page, with just a small "." or something so users woudln't be able to see it. Then on the other page drop hundreds and thousands of sentences from like tech artilces on other sites and just a bunch of key stuff that would be mustang related.

So when a search bot comes through my site, goes to that link, they can pick up all of those keywords. Would this improve or deprove my ranking? I'm not talking about spam and just random words or anything. Real sentences and stuff.

Thanks for your help...

Re: will this work? Google keywords related

Originally posted by xtremestang1
    I'm not talking about spam
    Then why try to make that link from your home page something that "users wouldn't be able to see?" Keep in mind that as far as a search engine is concerned, anything that you do to try to exploit their algorithms instead of to present information to your users is spam.

But this wouldn't be a good idea anyway. For one thing, link anchor text is important in ranking. Making your anchor nothing but a period is a lost opportunity. For another...
    Then on the other page drop hundreds and thousands of sentences from like tech artilces on other sites and just a bunch of key stuff that would be mustang related.
    Again, a little off base. You don't want to target "hundreds and thousands" of keywords on one page. Focus each page on one or two keyword phrases.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

wow man! thanks a lot for the tips, glad I didn't make that mistake.

I have one more quesiton though. The link anchore thing you were talking about.

I have most of my link names like for the 2005 mustang, I just have 2005 as the name, then like for Car of the month, I just have COM as the link name

Should I change all of those to: for example: the 2005 ford mustang should I change that to: 2005FordMustang.html? Then change all my other ones to be more discriptive to?
    HammerHost.com
    "Hammering Away At The Competition"
    "High Quality Affordable Web Hosting"

Originally posted by xtremestang1
    Should I change all of those to: for example: the 2005 ford mustang should I change that to: 2005FordMustang.html? Then change all my other ones to be more discriptive to?
    Seems like a little misunderstanding there. Anchor text is what the link "says," not the name of the file it points to.

Example anchor text
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Originally posted by JayC
    Seems like a little misunderstanding there. Anchor text is what the link "says," not the name of the file it points to.

Example anchor text

you mean like for example if I have this link and HTML: (I hope you know HTML)

<a href="2005.html">2005 Ford Mustang</a>

the 2005.html part isn't at all important
    the 2005 ford mustang part is very important

*edit* ok I get it, just took me a bit
    HammerHost.com

Also, I'm new to searchengines and how to rank. I don't know if you visited my site or not: www.muscle-mustangs.com You will notice how I have like 4 tech articles in the main center section. I just put them up, If I increase that to like 6,7,8 my searchengine optimization would be better or would it be worse since I'll have more words on that page?

I know www.stangnet.com is one of the largest sites out their, and they have hundreds of words on their main page, just wondering.

Thanks,
    HammerHost.com

Check out http://www.internet-marketing-resear...topic7888.html for more tips.

BTW I think the file name is important too.

<a href="2005-Ford-Mustang.html">2005 Ford Mustang</a>

Mulder
    Quentin Moore - TechRanker.net (Site re-launch coming soon)
    Best Tech Gadget Reviews | Mobile App Reviews | Comparison Charts
    Admin @ TechRanker.net | @ TechRanker | TechRanker.net

Also, I'd do a search for <Ford Mustang> on google and yahoo and examine the resulting pages. I see stangnet.com is listed 2nd to Ford Motor CO. and is listed at:
    http://dir.yahoo.com/Recreation/Auto...odels/Mustang/

Hope this helps.

Mulder

Originally posted by mulder
    Also, I'd do a search for <Ford Mustang> on google and yahoo and examine the resulting pages. I see stangnet.com is listed 2nd to Ford Motor CO. and is listed at:
    http://dir.yahoo.com/Recreation/Auto...odels/Mustang/

Hope this helps.

Mulder
    I know I can't figure out how stangnet is so high, if you type in anything their in the top 5. Like in google if you type: 2005 ford mustang, mustang forums, mustang cobra concept, etc. BTW: I just randomly thought of those and typed them into google. If stangnet didn't come up as number 1 they were second. How in the heck can I compete with them? Is it something in their coding that I should know about of something? They have secrets LOL.
    HammerHost.com

Are in listed in any directory? Stangnet is listed in yahoo as a popular site under Ford Mustang.

Do you have any sites pointing to your site? Perhaps you can contact webmasters of similar sites and ask them to add a link to your site.

<a href="www.muscle-mustangs.coml">Muscle Mustangs: Info about America's Favorite Muscle Car</a>

Try looking in their source code for instances of the search string you used to find them in yahoo/google and try to mimic them.

Mulder

Originally posted by mulder
    Are in listed in any directory? Stangnet is listed in yahoo as a popular site under Ford Mustang.

Do you have any sites pointing to your site? Perhaps you can contact webmasters of similar sites and ask them to add a link to your site.

<a href="www.muscle-mustangs.coml">Muscle Mustangs: Info about America's Favorite Muscle Car</a>

Try looking in their source code for instances of the search string you used to find them in yahoo/google and try to mimic them.

Mulder
    Well I did just submit my site to the open directory a couple days ago. Also, if you take a look at the links in my site now, I changed the name and where they point to. Just to see if that will help any. I also changed that link color from a bright yellow to a black. Just to make sure it doesn't get regected by bots as spam. Plus black looks a lot better!

I also changed the title on almost every page. Will this help any? before I just used to use the same title on everypage which was: "Muscle-Mustangs.com- Ford Mustang forums, mustang pictures, aftermarket automotive parts, decals and graphics 2005 Ford Mustang" Now on like the pages for the 2005 mustang I have a title like: 2005 Ford Mustang Pictures and Photos - Muscle-Mustangs.com The other tech articles are done the same way, but with the name of the tech article and stuff. Well you get the point! I'm not sure if this will hurt or help, what do you guys think?

As far as my sites are concerned here they are: you can see the refferer, unique visitors, etc.

http://extremetracking.com/open;ref1?login=muscle13
    HammerHost.com

ok you guys, I have another little problem with this stuff. When I type in google something like 2005 ford mustang, then click someones link, It goes directly to the 2005 ford mustang page and pics up all of the key words in that section.

When I type 2005 ford mustang in google or somewhere it only takes me to my index page. Is google somehow stuck on my main page and is unable to access my other pages? Because It seems to be only picking up the content from my main page for some reason.

If you go to google and type in 2005 ford mustang, their are a ton of sites about it, so just type in 2005 ford mustang ricky and it will list my site so you can see what I mean

Is this a bad or a good thing???? THANKS,
    HammerHost.com

It's all about the keywords there and their structure. If you have a certain density of keywords on your page, it would most likely get a higher ranking. Also the other sites appear with their secondary page because it was 1) submited separately 2)was indexed with those keywords, which don't appear on the main page.
    At least I think
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by lorandm
    It's all about the keywords there and their structure. If you have a certain density of keywords on your page, it would most likely get a higher ranking. Also the other sites appear with their secondary page because it was 1) submited separately 2)was indexed with those keywords, which don't appear on the main page.
    At least I think

So how can I go about getting mine indexed like that so all the keywords and everything throughout the entire site will be indexed, instead of whats just on my main page??? I really don't want to submit page by page

Thanks for the help,
    HammerHost.com

Also consider changing your WHT signiture to an actual link with some good anchor text. This will give you a link from WHT to your site (right?).

Try using this site:
    http://optimiser.123promotion.co.uk/

I ran the optimiser on your site and Stangnet for the phrase, "mustang". Interesting results.