Ventrilo hosting

Anyone know the system requirements of Ventrilo servers?

I'm taking a p4 2.8 with 1.5GB of RAM here. Not a monster machine but helping me figure useage would be nice guys.

thanks
    stium

Taken from the ventrilo website.

"The server CPU utilization under most conditions won't even register, so a fairly low level computer should be more then sufficient.

Bandwidth usage is determined by the codec and is dictated by the server. It could be as low as 600 bytes/sec or as high as 8000 bytes/sec per voice stream."

That machine is perfect vent server... it should host a decent ammount of clients..

How many clients?

I need room for about 1000.

We'll be running 10 person servers and we want room for 1000 people so we want to run 100 servers.

Server handle it or not?

it can, can you bandwidth?
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

I'm sure I can handle the bandwidth cost.

My co-location comes with 1500GB a month and I can easy add on. Tier-1 connection.

Do you already have your license from ventrilo ? If not, you better move to something else like TeamSpeak as Ventrilo doesn't reply to license requests.

on the contrary, they replied to mine right away. ALSO it is stated on the website that they are not accepting new applications at the moment.
    Robin Alex
    At your service....

Can you guys hook me up with the contact name for request.

It is making them money I don't know why they wouldn't do it.

I'm like giving them 100 dollars a month.

From their website.
    Server - Pro version:

1) The Pro version of the Ventrilo server is only available to professional hosting companies.

2) You must be a legally registered corporation with your respective state / jurisdiction. You must also provide proof of official corporation status. Again, this is a requirement and is not open for debate or discussion.

3) We do NOT license individuals or businesses who want to run servers for private use or in conjunction with some other service / membership. You will need to rent a server from an officially licensed hosting company.

Under no circumstances will we provide anyone with a private copy of the Pro server. Any inquiries in this regard will be deleted and will not be answered.

Update: At the current time we are not accepting any new license applications.
    However you may be able to get one of us licensed hosts to sell you slots on our hardware for a little higher fee than ventrilo charges, since the licensed host would keep the servers on their own hardware, and bandwidth. It would be a lot cheaper than renting 1000 spots, since it seems you won’t be getting a license from ventrilo.

I'll manage.

I'm not paying any companies besides for software or hardware. I'm not paying for service I can do my self.

If all else fails I'll write my own voice comm program.

Does anybody have any idea how long it will be until Ventrilo goes back to providing licenses again?
    AIM: VSSHelp Vasco
    VSS Hosting - Because uptime means everything
    You Are Suck - Can you survive?

You must be an incorporated company to sell ventrilo. That is the requirement. If you are not don't even waste your time.

But to answer your question yes you can get away with even something as low as a P4 2.4 1gb RAM and run the slots you are talking about. Bandwidth is what it kills not CPU. Figure 200gb's for every 1000 slots running average usage IE: peak evening hours.

Email them. sales@ventrilo.com
    hm what should I put in my sig?

I'm an registered LLC in the US.

So I think everything will be just fine.