Non Paying Domain Clients

I have a client with about 10 domains not paid, I locked it before she can do anything. Of course a lot of complaints to my registrar. Thank goodness a slip of the email makes her say she did not pay accidentally. This allows the Compliance section to allow me to continue locking. Problem is locking them doesnt return my money back. Against such clients, can I put a web page saying this domain owe me money.......shame them a little. Any legal implications?

I'm curious how the domains were registered without payment? Or are you talking about renewals?

When a domain expires dotster slaps a generic page up.

These were ordered by a long time client, prob is 2 sys admin left in succession , the last one was horrible and lost a lot of clients and they refuse to pay because their business was poor. Credit was extended because of the long standing biz relationship.

I would say is they are a big client just eat the $60 or so and make them happy, then get them on regular payments, who knows maybe they will help talk you up and get you more clients.

They are no longer even paying for hosting for the last 6 months or so.....

i dont think there would be any legal issues since many registrars change the nameservers to their nameservers and set an expiration notice and click here to renew.

same goes for most webhosting providers.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi