Thread: Fonts Problem!

Fonts Problem!

Hello,

Through Font Viewer Utility its showing 407 system fonts and in all softwares like WordPad, Photoshop etc... also showing 407 but in C:\WINDOWS\FONTS there are only 74 files in this folder and I am sure no any file is hidden.

Any one can tell me any thing about it?
    Is there any problem with 407 and there is any limit of fonts in windows ?

Best Regards
    Hassan

Hassan there is no limit but its bad to install hundreds of fonts since they load up when windows is booted, slowing the boot process down, 'etc. a really neat program is called: 'The Font Thing' search for it on google or even here on WHT. (there was talk about it once in an older post)
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

are you sure the fonts are 'installed' properly, and not just copied into that folder.

Try moving them all out, emptying the fonts folder and reimporting them all back in.
    Gone.

I have 1081 fonts installed, and havent noticed windows loading slower before I installed them. When I was using win98, I really noticed it but not since moving to win2k.

I always thought windows only loaded the fonts that was needed.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Originally posted by MGCJerry
    I have 1081 fonts installed, and havent noticed windows loading slower before I installed them. When I was using win98, I really noticed it but not since moving to win2k.

I always thought windows only loaded the fonts that was needed.
    sadly no.
    thats why instead of installing a lot of fonts that will load up everytime I boot into windows I use "The Font Thing" that will let me load and unload the fonts when I want too... I have ~2500 now, so when I do webdesign 'etc I just hit it up and load the fonts I want and when I'm done I close it.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Problem solved, after restart