Thread: Help

United Kingdom

Question Help

I let one of my domains in UKreg expire accidently, due to their fairly poor control panel. It expired at the end of April 2004, and is the "On-Hold" period it seems. However, I have done a check on it at and it seems to be registered until April 2005.

Am I correct in thinking someone has already hooked on to it before it even being let out into the open...I know the registrar wouldn't register it as a precaution of me getting it back off them again as I have had plenty of domains let loose before.

I'm a little confused, as I would like to register the domain myself when it comes back available.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

the web
    you should still be able to renew it, perhaps send the registrar an email about it. The registry (as opposed to registrar) whois often shows a year extra, best to ignore that. Also I wouldn't bank on being able to register it when it becomes available, if its even slightly decent it will probably be snapped up in a few miliseconds.

registry request from registrar to add 1 year during the HOLD period till they confirm if the customer doesn't renew the registrar send DELETE command where domain will fall back into year 2004 and refund the registry the fee they paid.

wen they send DELETE command doman will fall into redepmtion period.

mre info about domain life cycle can be found here
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi