Looking for Windows/ASP Hosting

Hello,

I'm looking at changing hosting companies soon for some of my websites.

If you can recommend some reliable ones then I would appreciate it as it is quite difficult these days sifting through all the companies out there so I would like to get some feedback from happy users.

My requirements are (these are all important and are essential):

Must be established and reliable company (no resellers)
    ASP supported
    Unlimited Access databases (using dns-less connections)
    SQL Server Database
    High Bandwidth allowance
    At least 100 megs of storage
    Forums allowed
    CDONTS or similar for web forms
    Unlimited domain names on one account or cheap option to add as needed (non domain forwarding)
    Reasonable price - I'm paying US $10 a month now with no extra domain names allowed but I'm willing to pay a bit more to get the above features.

The unlimited domain names is one of the reasons why I'm leaving my current host as they only let you use one so I have had to use Mydomain.com for Stealth URL forwarding which isn't very convenient and is too tedious.

Hello,

There are plenty of reliable windows hosts out there.

Could you be more specific on your bandwidth requirements as this will have quite an effect on pricing, and will help people point you in the right direction.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Getting SQL Server space for 10 bucks a month is a pretty tall order as the software license itself isnt cheap and its enterprise level software. You can can try EAServe.com but you only get one domain.

You can also try hoststock.com. They give you unlimited SQL Server databases for only $9.99 a year! But...uh....heheh...let me know how that goes

Justin

Yes,

Good point about SQL Server, as not only is it very expensive, but I'd also would be wary of hosts giving it out like sweets
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

I think a reseller account shall be good for you
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Hi,

My Bandwith is not that high at the moment so 10 gigs would be more than enough.

As far a SQL Server Database support goes then this is probably the one thing out of all of my requirements that is not essential at this stage as I don't use it at the moment but plan to in 3/6 months time. Having the ability to use it the future would be good though.

thanks for the replys,

So far I have 4 hosts I'm looking at but I have little feedback on them all:

gearhost: (still waiting for an email to be returned about adding additonal domains - sent 12 hours ago - not a good sign)

j-o-d-ohost: (funny I had to add hyphens on this name otherwsie it only displayed stars?

fluidhosting:

alentus: (still waiting for an email to be returned about adding additonal domains - sent 7 hours ago - not a good sign)

i have used www.fluidhosting.com for over 1 year with few if any problems. About 15 domains hosted right now with them.

Just recently I did have to kick their shins a few times for a Frontpage problem. It was resolved but not many hosts would have kept trying after several attempts at fixes.

Recommended for windows hosting.
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

I have used alentus. I go through streaks with them. Most of the time they are great. Fast responses and good support (I really like their live chat tool on their site). That seems to be the best way to initially contact them. If its more complicated than the chat guy can handle, they will ask you to email it.

I'm on the wall about Alentus. I often need to make use of their DBA to get backup copies of my hosted databases since I can't do that from dbo account alone. Since the DBA isn't there 24/7 their support availability doesn't do me much good. I usually have to wait about 18 hours. One of these days I'll setup a DTS task to just suck the data down nightly. What a pain in the a$$

Justin

I got a reply from alentus but they don't support extra domain names on one account so I have to rule them out.

I posted a quote request here earlier as well and so far I got one reply which sounded good - http://www.weberz.com/hosting/windows.php

I will read up on them in the morning (its late here now)

ok thanks and hope to see some more ideas or feedback and appreciate the ideas so far.

cheers glinted

Take a look at: www.411asp.net/home/hosting

I recommend: fluidhosting, crystaltech, discountasp.net, ... heard only good things about them.

hi amzhost, thats a good link and will look into those ones, thanks.

Yaser, I find when I click the http://www.accesshosts.com/ link then my browser wants to download the URL?

www.1planhost.com have a $30 fee for true domain sharing which is a little espensive. Thanks anyway !

I got an email from gearhost and they only charge $2 per extra domain so they are looking good as well

Gearhost are not very reliable in my experience. But they are quite competitive on price.

Originally posted by markcw
    i have used www.fluidhosting.com for over 1 year with few if any problems. About 15 domains hosted right now with them.

Just recently I did have to kick their shins a few times for a Frontpage problem. It was resolved but not many hosts would have kept trying after several attempts at fixes.

Recommended for windows hosting.
    I've been with fluidhosting.com for over a year as well... they are great. I had to get support for a script that I purchased and the tech offered to look it over... at like 4 in the morning. You don't get better support than that... it turned out the people that I purchased the script from had to fix it... I admired FH for offering the support on something they did not have to offer support for....

They do cost a little more than what you want, but it would be worth it... IMO.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Im going to go with GearHost when I'm finishing some sites I'm developing in a few weeks. GearHost have everything I need, good prices, extra domain names and a forum.

Glad to hear glinted ... keep us updated once your up and running.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

Check Hosting Campus
    They are very good in providing shared hosting solutions.

who is Hosting Campus ?

URL ?

Gearhost Feedback??

glinted

I see you choose "Gearhost". Which plan do you pick? It looks like the 4th or 5th gear would be best.

Also, if you are unhappy with them, look at 3Essentials. They offer more bandwidth/domains for less price.
    Computer: A machine that can make the wrong decision faster that you!