Thumbs up heads up - managed.com

i have been reading some bad things about managed.com, i am at sagonet and never had problems btw.

today i ordered a new server at managed.com (the 60 bucks one ) and it took them 8h to set it up. i payed using paypal and screwed up the cpanel payment, and they still put it to work. nice job

lets wait and see what whappens in the next weeks tho

Glad to hear you like them so far. Please keep us updated as to how things turn out.

They wouldn't be in business if they were that bad as some want them to be.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Originally posted by Imago
    They wouldn't be in business if they were that bad as some want them to be.
    Either that, or they're just floating on venture capital

If they are floating on venture capital then they wont last to long if the returns dont come in

I know they've had outages in the past but has anyone really had many problems w/ Managed recently as far as the network goes? I mean if the server is up $60/mo is cheap even if it is for a backup server.

another heads up for managed.com

i got my pentium 2.8 box last month, it's has been very stable, never had any problem, managed.com is strongly recommended

Ive just left them, although still have a few servers there for dedicated clients. I wont be using them in the future for anything. Yes they have been very stable and the support has been top recently, but I just have a feeling that something is waiting to go wrong.

With only a single carrier, I can't be safe in the knowledge that the risk of downtimes is low enough not to worry. I offer a 99.95% SLA to all my clients, and I dont think it would be wise continuing this at managed.com. Ive moved to The Planet on their amazing value TCS and Server Matrix on Beachcombers great deals because I need to be sure my clients are going to be happy.

If your offering ultra discount hosting without good guarantee's/SLA then managed.com are great! Otherwise until there are more carriers then they may not be able to sustain their current exceptional performance...

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

Do they allow us to resell their dedicated servers?

Yes i believe managed does allow you to resell their servers

i ordered a server yesterday and they got it up and running within a few hours. i logged on and - i liked what i saw! :-) a nice, all clean debian woody 3 with no bull*hit on it, everything set up fine. anyway, my first impression was quite good.

Try rebooting your server when you first get it. I shut mine down & contacted them for a manual reboot - whoever built my server messed up, and it would not come online without a manual fsck. Took them 9 hours on a weekend to do that - not good - but the network has good speeds on the west coast. It's single homed though, which is very risky. I've had a mixed experience with them, I'd never put customers on that box. I'm still testing it. I stress tested the hardware (RAM and CPU) with prime95, and in 18 hours, it never hit one problem.

- Matt