Non-paying client?

What should/can I do to a non-paying client?

I made a few forum skins for a client a while back, but he's refusing to pay. He's been ignoring all of my emails, AIM messages and PM's.

Any ideas?

If it's over $100 turn them over for collections. Anything less than that, I'd recommend chalking it up as a learning experience and writing if off.

If they were really cheap, just put them up for download somewhere else. You could however contact his host and tell them the situation, telling them that he his hosting them illegally. You really should start using contracts
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Well the problem is, he has the skins and has been using it for quite some time. The total amount he owes me is $200US

I was inexperienced and didn't ask for a down payment...

Anyway I can get my $200 back?

Resell them to other people since he hasn't paid he has no claim to the skins.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    Well Said... Im just wondering if it's at all possible to take people to small claims court over such things

Originally posted by case
    Well Said... Im just wondering if it's at all possible to take people to small claims court over such things
    You can take anyone to court for anything you want. It's just a matter if you are going to win or not.
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

It's not worth anything else then being a bother :| I mean if you win, you'll spend quite a bit of time and money (well $50 to open a case, your call).

its copywritten material

contact his host and get his account suspended

Originally posted by mr_wuss
    its copywritten material

contact his host and get his account suspended
    and

:d

this is why i get 100% of my money UP FRONT!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Re: Non-paying client?

Originally posted by canucksfan
    What should/can I do to a non-paying client?

I made a few forum skins for a client a while back, but he's refusing to pay. He's been ignoring all of my emails, AIM messages and PM's.

Any ideas?
    uhhh.... a Canucks fan !. Anyone messin with a Canucks fan or a person from the dirty 604 is messing with me.

PM some more details and this LinuxAdmin will send some goonies after him.

what a jerk ! Lets get you paid
    Linux Admins the name, troubleshooting and administrating Linux Systems is my game

lol Sweet, someone from 604! Looks like LinuxAdmin can help me out here

Thanks for all your ideas guys, really appreciate it. I've thought about going to court, but that's probably not worth it. What I'll end up doing is contacting his host and getting his account suspended. (btw, how do I find who his host is?)

I posted in his forum today about the money, and he deleted the post/banned me (I knew it was coming anyways).

*The start of a WHT Maffia*
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Getting his account suspended might not do much because he can always move host. If he is using vB take it up with them, they may help you out and disable his account.

Well, take this as experience, always use contracts
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Usually when people hear of collection agencies they freak out. Apart from beeing forced to pay, they'll have a bad record with them, it will be really hard for them to do business again. And as suggested, you can contact their host, they'll most probably sort something out if you have proof that they owe you, and of course, put the skins up for download, do some bad reviews about the non-payers etc.

There are quite a couple things you can do about this, so go ahead, trash them big time. I hate that kind of poeple!
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

didnt you post a week or two ago about this?
    I specialize in neck beards
    Latest: Reach for Android

Nope...