Question suggest a host for me plz

well, i was considering ipowerweb and powweb. But after searching these forums i found about 100 reasons why not to go with them. But i didn't find any suggestions on an alternative to them.

I'm designing a website for my church youth group and we're obviously on a budget, something under $10 a month should be fine i guess. Although if someone really want to host us for free...

well, anyways, whats a good reliable host that we could look into?

There are some christian (assuming your church is christian) hosts. Search the forums, they will come up.
    Other than that, there are plenty of hosts under $10 a month. You wouldnt have too look far for a good, decent priced host.

I have found hostsearch com is a great place to look for hosts...

The big guys may be less likely to do a deal, but if you are a non-profit church group, smaller hosts may be willing to offer a reduced rate. If you don't find that, try using the host quote feature in the menu.

Doing a quick search on google for: ("non-profit" +hosting +church) shows quite a few hosts who will host you for free if you meet their requirements. After finding one who meets your requirements you could stop back here and search for reviews on the company.

Vince Wiley

You will be able to find what are you looking for on this forum or through Google. Good luck

Re: suggest a host for me plz

Originally posted by azn

I'm designing a website for my church youth group and we're obviously on a budget, something under $10 a month should be fine i guess. Although if someone really want to host us for free...

well, anyways, whats a good reliable host that we could look into?
    how about your requirement? With $10/mo, you can have many options, but let us know your requirements. Platform? space? bandwidth? database, emails.....

YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

If the offers of ipowerweb and powweb seem good to you but you don't want to go with them due to reviews then you might find good reviews for lunarpages.com with similar kind of plans.
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

I believe micfo.com and midphase.com too are in that price range (more or less).

Edit: Do you really need that kind of space and bandwidth? I mean... is the website going to be that popular? I just wonder...

Re: Re: suggest a host for me plz

hey, thanks for all your help, i'll try doing a search..

Originally posted by gate2vn
    how about your requirement? With $10/mo, you can have many options, but let us know your requirements. Platform? space? bandwidth? database, emails.....

well, our requirements arn't much.. we want to set up a site for members from our youth group (about 50 people) and several other youth groups around the bay area (about 150 people). We plan to have a forum, an events calendar to let all people, including those who aren't in our group, just in case they want to come, and a picture gallery. I doubt we'll use more then 100 megs of space and 3-5 gigs of bw? i'm not sure..

well, i found verticalhost.com/ and they were very generous to offer us free hosting..