Thread: Alertra down?

Alertra down?

Haven't been able to reach Alertra's website (Alertra.com) for the past, oh 10 minutes or so, from different locations.

Anybody else? Or is it just me?

Down here too. Looks like a problem with http on their server.

- Matt

Yeah I figured. Server is pingable but no httpd. Their msn messenger is not online either, unlike usual...

I had a server crash at 3:08PM today and received notification but I did not get a server OK call, email or AIM notification till just now at 6:33EST so something is going on over there.. I have already emails them so I hope to get a reponse soon as to what happened and what is being done to ensure it does not happen again..

Other than that 13 months with them and no complaints other than today.

Yeah, this is the first time I've ever experienced an outage with Alertra. But it just happens to be in the middle of adding a new server to their monitoring service, so it is kind of urgent!

anyone else having problems today? I just received notifications that all my servers are down yet they are not.. anyone have any clue what going on over at alertra? a bit frustrating seeing I pay quite a bit per month for this service over the cheaper server monitoring companies and I am yet to hear back from them after sending an email earlier this week.

Yep, same problem here. Though, I can reach their site just fine.

Regards,
    Matt

I haven't had any issues today. But it did take 'em quite a bit of time to come back up since I originally started this thread.

Same problem here. All ev1 servers are being reported down. Looking at the events, looks like London is timing out.

Is this the same for you guys?

I guess only *some* EV1 servers are timint out. We keep 4 servers at EV1, 3 are monitored by Alertra, none of them have been reported as down. Looks like Alertra is having a glitch in their operation! Or maybe their connectivity is impaired?

RIght. I meant most not all. 3/4 ev1 servers are being reported down. No TP servers are being reported down.

well I got a back up messages for all the server about 20 minutes ago and now I have a down again message/call for all of them..

so today we are getting close to $20 in alerta notification calls as it goes to three different phone numbers each time they say down and then up @ I think .50 a call each.

Originally posted by OKIHost
    well I got a back up messages for all the server about 20 minutes ago and now I have a down again message/call for all of them..

so today we are getting close to $20 in alerta notification calls as it goes to three different phone numbers each time they say down and then up @ I think .50 a call each.
    I cant see those charges actually sticking... afterall they are having the problems not you.

Originally posted by alapo
    I cant see those charges actually sticking... afterall they are having the problems not you.

Yeah they emailed me saying they are going to credit this month as free because of the troubles so they did ok by me and assured me they fixed whatever was going on so I can't complain.. Overall really good service from the people at alertra