HELM Control Panel

After getting into the world of hosting...my hosting company uses HELM for their control panel.

Is that a good one? I have seen other ones out there.
    I dont have a complaint about it and it does what I ask!

Just wanted to get some Ideas!

Thanks,
    James

Do a search on the forums and you will find Helm has its admirers and detractors. All of them do. Control panels are like pizza toppings, everybody has their own favorite.

Justin

We have a handful of Helm customers and believe that this is just as compelling a solution as Plesk. I would just steer clear from Ensim.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

I also agree with jbigelow. No control panel seems to be perfect but when deciding on your company's growth, decide on a best-of-breed solution that you can expand consistently with.

We have a few customers that have an assortment of control panels within their organization and not only is it more cumbersome for us to work with but also presents an inconsistent way of providing support to your customers in general.

Your FAQ becomes messy as is your general Knowledge Base.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

I feel Hosting Controller, Plesk is good but all depends also on your customer service also, the controlpanels are there to make life easier thats all.

we use two control panels, Ensim and Cpanel and have flash tutorials etc which means it doesnt get too messy but i like both for different reasons

Ah. The flash tutorials could make life a bit easier.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

It would take ages for someone on 56K or even worse 28.8 K to download demos and all, in the end is it worth it? it does reduce tickets and all, control panels, there is h-sphere, ensim, cpanel and tons, you have to see which one suits you best and which you will be able to provide support for. though it doesnt take ages to learn control panel operations

H-Sphere is way better than HELM. Don't expect any support from HELM at all, if you have issues with their CP then they'll advise you to reinstall your OS. Isn't that funny

I have actually received wonderful support from Helm. And I had a few issues - no one ever advised me to re-install my OS.