Looking for central/east areas similar to managed.com...

I am looking for place like managed.com but in central/east areas (Texas, New York, and Virginia mainly) but can't seem to find any good ones...The main problem is that I need Windows 2003 Server Standard to be an option for not very much monthly or atleast me be able to purchase Windows 2003 Server Std and let them use it on the box that I rent. My budget is average I guess (same prices are managed.com or a little higher). Post anything you know of with one of the locations above and that allow Windows 2003 Server and etc regardless of pricing.

Also, when/if I buy Windows 2003 Server Std I see that certain ones come with a certain amount of CALs...What are CALs and what would I use them for? Thank you.

Re: Looking for central/east areas similar to managed.com...

Originally posted by Nathan D.
    I am looking for place like managed.com but in central/east areas (Texas, New York, and Virginia mainly) but can't seem to find any good ones
    Correct! You won't find great hosting at Managed.com prices. If you need Windows, Nocster and ServerMatrix are your top choices for the prices you want. What specs do you actually need, and what is your maximum price? I don't know if 15MinuteServers.com offers Windows, as their site cannot communicate with their backend database right now

-Josh

Re: Looking for central/east areas similar to managed.com...

I am looking for place like managed.com but in central/east areas (Texas, New York, and Virginia mainly) but can't seem to find any good ones...The main problem is that I need Windows 2003 Server Standard to be an option for not very much monthly or atleast me be able to purchase Windows 2003 Server Std and let them use it on the box that I rent. My budget is average I guess (same prices are managed.com or a little higher). Post anything you know of with one of the locations above and that allow Windows 2003 Server and etc regardless of pricing.

Also, when/if I buy Windows 2003 Server Std I see that certain ones come with a certain amount of CALs...What are CALs and what would I use them for? Thank you.
    Doing a simple SEARCH will help you with your first question. I reccomend ServerMatrix, for your east coast needs.

CAL's are Client Access Licenses for the operating system. I am not sure (off the top of my head) what the requirements are for CAL's in a dedicated hosting environment, last I remember, they were only used for named user accounts logging in to the box.

Someone here can probably offer you a better response as far as the licensing goes.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Dual Xeon or Dual Opteron (preferably Dual Opteron)
    Atleast 1GB RAM but 1.5GB or 2GB would be nice
    100/Mbps port atleast
    I guess max would be around 350/month or $400 but that is really high and really don't want to pay that much. I don't like ServerMatrix but I am going to start a discussion on them and it doesn't look like Nocster has what I am looking for.

I did a search but couldn't find something specific to my needs so I just assumed post.

Dual Xeon or Dual Opteron (preferably Dual Opteron)
    Atleast 1GB RAM but 1.5GB or 2GB would be nice
    100/Mbps port atleast
    I guess max would be around 350/month or $400 but that is really high and really don't want to pay that much. I don't like ServerMatrix but I am going to start a discussion on them and it doesn't look like Nocster has what I am looking for.

I did a search but couldn't find something specific to my needs so I just assumed post.
    You could try one of the mainarea guy's and see if they can get you what you need.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Originally posted by sirius
    You could try one of the mainarea guy's and see if they can get you what you need.

Sirius
    We only offer Xeons, not Opterons, and are currently sold out of the Xeons. We only will be selling Dual Xeon 2.0s (nothing higher at this time) once they come back in stock, though.

-Josh

Don't have time to wait...Anyone else?

Don't have time to wait...Anyone else?
    HOST QUOTE