Using a Newsletter For Sales

Does anyone have experience with using a newsletter to announce news and new product offerings? I have always found that it helps to stay connected with the customers as well as let them know about specials and promotions (rather than just posting it on the website). It creates and opportunity for upsells.

It depends on your customers, some customers do not like to be contacted unless they contact you.

Good luck,
    Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

We basically run an optin newletter. On the welcome email we say goto this URL and signup if you want to. I would say about 60% of customers want to get it

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by Derrick
    It depends on your customers, some customers do not like to be contacted unless they contact you.

Good luck,
    Derrick
    Of course. Newsletters should always be optin.

I wouldn't recommend newsletter unless it's a forums

Originally posted by igraphic
    I wouldn't recommend newsletter unless it's a forums
    - why not? Can you explain more?

newsletters is a good way to build members and then announce your forum, what if you have a forum with very less members? I think one should start from newsletter and then grow into a forum. thanks

I think newsletters are a great idea, IF the content is interesting and relevant to your target audience.

My webhosting provider (with whom I'll be parting company shortly) has a newsletter but it's such a self-serving rag I don't know why anyone would want to subscribe.

A good newsletter might have traffic tips, web design hints, e-marketing advice, relevant updates about important stuff like anti-spam legislation etc. It could be a service that is ONLY available to active members. If the content is good, sure it could add value and keep your customers happier.

My 2 cents.
    Find out how to get more clients to come to YOU:
    www.Marketing-Results.com.au <-- Results-oriented marketing and copywriting

It can be a good value added service provided the host does as Will mentioned, self-raging would just bore and reduce sign-ups and make the customers feel that the host is not great.