Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What about managed.com?

i would be interested in a ded. server ... What about uptime and support? good bad?

Thanks

Re: What about managed.com?

Originally posted by WWWhost
    i would be interested in a ded. server ... What about uptime and support? good bad?

Thanks
    Search is your friend....

There have got to be a few hundred threads all on the same thing. Do a search.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

just saw they offer max. 20IP's on a server... that is very restrictive... I need 58....

just saw they offer max. 20IP's on a server... that is very restrictive... I need 58....

Bummer. Guess you need to find another provider then.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Well a lot of providers provide about 5, I say you email managed.com and tell them the reason you need so many I.P may be they can help you.

I would stay away from managed.com ....

Originally posted by omaha.stylee
    Thanks for sharing.

Sirius

Originally posted by omaha.stylee
    Why? I want to go with them with Angelnetworkz.

Re: Re: What about managed.com?

Originally posted by sirius
    Search is your friend....

There have got to be a few hundred threads all on the same thing. Do a search.
    Agrreed, do a search then see what WHT thinks
    hm what should I put in my sig?

Talking

Opinions...great but be careful, don't listen too much and make your own final decision/ judgement.

Work out the pros and cons and your needs, make your own evaluation and go for it!

Well, I still have a server with managed.com for more than 5 months and it works flawlessly. Yes I am very pleased with their support and they always solved my problems very promptly and professionally...It's how you deal with people..Treat them with kindness and respect and you will receive the same treatment in return.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

You can read my review so far at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=270062 . It took them 9 hours to find a tech on the weekend to type in a few words & do a manual fsck, to get the server back online. If they offer 24/7 reboots, that person doing the reboots better know how to do fscks... they're simple to do, and it doesn't take a genious to do it. Just a monkey with a monitor & keyboard would work fine.

- Matt

I have a server with managed.com, had it a month today

I haven't had a problem with Managed.com yet.

"You get what you paid for..."

Ok, I'm getting tired of people coming in here and bashing managed.com without any story behind it. People just read past threads and assume that managed.com is completely a rip off.
    Here is what can be concluded:

Managed.com's Support at some times can be slow during times when there is a high volume of requests.

The hardware in a managed.com server is much much better then that of ServerMatrix. This is because a server company called Racklogics (Spelling?) ownes Managed.com

Managed.com has had downtime issues in the past however has had few issues recently.

My conclusion would be: If you want cPanel and expect amazing support try Angelnetworkz.net. (Any comments on that?)

Originally posted by z280 Hosting
    Ok, I'm getting tired of people coming in here and bashing managed.com without any story behind it.
    That's why Matt and I got a server to test there - We will keep people updated about our tests at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=270062 . It didn't start off too pretty for us.

-Josh

The hardware in a managed.com server is much much better then that of ServerMatrix. This is because a server company called Racklogics (Spelling?) ownes Managed.com
    ServerMatrix (almost) exclusively uses Dell boxes now. How do you figure that RackLogic uses high quality components than ServerMatrix has in the past?

Managed.com's Support at some times can be slow during times when there is a high volume of requests.
    Reboots shouldn't be slow. I didn't have to wait 9 hours for a reboot because there was a high volume of requests, I had to wait 9 hours because there was nobody competant available to plug in a monitor & keyboard, type a few words, and hit enter. Believe me, making a server do a manual fsck if needed is NOT a hard thing to do, you don't even need trained techs to do it.

AngelNetworkz is a great company, and Donna has a really great team of people working with her. I'd recommend their servers located in Dallas, TX, but can't recommend the Managed.com servers due to my experiences at managed.com. Regardless of how great AngelNetworkz may be, they're not at the datacenter, and you may still have to rely on the datacenter techs for certain tasks.

- Matt

managed.com isnt that bad for the price (55-60$ packages) i wouldnt pay anything over 60$ for their servers
    Ben S.

Actually Angelnetworkz has their own people at Managed.com's datacenter. You can verify that with them. I spoke to Donna last night about it.

I also say that hardware is better at managed.com because 1 I dont really care for dell. and 2 Before now SM/ThePlanet used white Mystery Boxes.

i've been which them for more than a month, so far so good, im a happy customere

Been with them for about 40 days, to make the long story short no downtime till now, posted 3 tickets resolved within 45 mins (I posted them in there office hrs).

I am hosting one of my biggest site with manged.com and the server is performing great, but to be frank just I would be more happy if they had a backup bandwidth (backbone) provider.

I also say that hardware is better at managed.com because 1 I dont really care for dell. and 2 Before now SM/ThePlanet used white Mystery Boxes.
    What's the difference between a white box with high quality hardware, versus a branded box with crappy hardware? I'm not saying that RackLogic is bad, but they most likely use the SAME quality components that SM did. Remember - crappy hardware dies, which means it costs more to stock replacements & buy new hardware after it dies. SM doesn't go cheap on their hardware. You're commenting about things that you have absolutely no clue about. They're not a mystery either - you could always call ThePlanet and ask what brand components were used. If a white box has a high quality Intel mobo & processor, as well as WD drives and high quality RAM, then it's better than any company branding boxes & using bad hardware. RackLogic is pretty good from what I've heard, but so is ServerMatrix.

- Matt

I've just ordered (a couple of hours ago) a CEL-2.4/512MB/80GB for $60 + $19.95 for cpanel. I will let you all know how it goes.

I see. The $60 on their website does not include Control Panels. No wonder it's so cheap.
    www.handreach.net -- taking care of your web site

Question Reboot

Just one question:

For dedicated servers users, aren't we able to reboot ourselves? Why still need to contact the company for reboot? Serious system error that cannot login as root or no root access at all?

It was set-up a few hours ago. Then paid for cpanel, that was activated within 30 minutes. Submitted a support e-mail to see if they'll set-up the extra IPs on the server. I suspect though aslong as the network is up and performing aswell as it now I will be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast