Thread: Question?

Question?

How do you stop people right clicking and selecting save as on images on your sites that you do not want people to take?

Thanks In Advance!
    Michael

As far as I know there is no way to completely stop people from getting your images. You can disable right clicking with the script from dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm, however, it doesn't take a power user to figure out that you don't have to right click to be able to view the source code.

hope this helps,
    -lucidgreen

Originally posted by lucidgreen
    As far as I know there is no way to completely stop people from getting your images. You can disable right clicking with the script from dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm, however, it doesn't take a power user to figure out that you don't have to right click to be able to view the source code.

hope this helps,
    -lucidgreen
    Yeah if you know a little html then you can get the pictures easily

Originally posted by lucidgreen

hope this helps,
    -lucidgreen
    If you use a combination of frames and javascript, you can come damn close! PM me the source code to the list of TV stations in the center frame here, hehe:

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm
    (Click 'All Stations' in the middle and then 'USA' on the left)

Joe

Don't waste your time....if someone knows a little bit of web design(these are the people likely to steal/borrow your image) can alway press the "Print Screen" button on the keyboard, open up a graphic program and transfer the image from the "Clipboard" to the graphic program.

From experience, some clever designer will even change the image in many ways that you wouldn't even be able to recognise whether it was your image that was manipulated.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Hi!

You can use this ways to secure your images:
    1) legal way - you need to put a watermarks on every image - it will have your copyright even on resized image. Also you need to write all images to CD and send it to your attorney to save.
    2) write some script that will check the referrer who called the image, check some variable (like session_id in PHP) and if all is ok - display the image content, if no - show error.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by JetServers
    If you use a combination of frames and javascript, you can come damn close! PM me the source code to the list of TV stations in the center frame here, hehe:

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm
    (Click 'All Stations' in the middle and then 'USA' on the left)
    Either I've missed something, or your scripting doesn't work. I sent you some of the code...

With what was done as I just checked and downloaded the images, not that I want them, just to see what was done. All u need to do is highlight the file and ctrl c- it sh** can copy the whole damn page no prob.