money transfer question.

im wanting to send someone some euros in germany but am based in the UK. Anyone know of the cheapest way to do this while Ive got his accnt no. and sort code ? I went to barclays and natwest and theyre charging £20 on top of the £60 odd pounds I want paying ! Thats rediculous.

Thanks

Do you both have access to paypal? The conversion charge for me (in Australia) is $1.00.

Can a cheque be sent for this? Or does this need to happen quick? Is the charge for a chaps payment? or a standard 3 or so business day transfer?

If he doesnt need money urgently then send a cheque. There will be a small cost for sending a cheque (about 15p - 50p) and on his side a charge of just a few pounds I would imagine.
    -- Matthew

Tell him to send a money order. From Germany I'm sure it would take no longer than a week? We recieve money orders from the US and they usually take just under 2 weeks.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

money order seems long but thanks pmoduk.

Stomerhosts : Send a cheque from my UK account to Germany in Euros ?? Is that even possible ??

anon-e-mouse : He doesnt have paypal (I know, soooo annoying !!!).

Still looking for possible solutions ...

Although right now it seems pointless because a decent one will cost you more than you're recieving, but in the future maybe setup a merchant account so you can bill your clients seperately at different prices
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Sending a cheque in pounds will get converted to his local currency or vice-versa if he is sending a Euro cheque back to you in England.

Just look up and agree to a price at the current days exchange rate and send the apropriate amount in pounds which will then equal his what ever amount of Euro's he requires.

When it gets to the bank they will send it off for a currency negotiation at the exchange rate at the time and all is good.
    -- Matthew

I remember there was a service that was similar to Western Union that did it worldwide, but have you tried moneybookers? It's like paypal but directly accesses the bank account! It's more catered for european countries as well! Good luck!

moneybookers.com can help you

You can also do a wire by corresponding banks. Be sure to enquire before you do that, if you'll be using the wrong banks it might burn you a bit
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Stormhosts : Thats what I tried but he refused and said Euros only .... weird man.

Can someone tell me how monetbookers.com works ? (in a nutshell) as im not getting it ...

thanks

Originally posted by Cyrus

Can someone tell me how monetbookers.com works ? (in a nutshell) as im not getting it ...

thanks
    http://www.moneybookers.com/app/faq.pl?gid=2