http://www.hosteg.com

have any one heared about this company before??

they offer unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth for only 20 $ per YEAR!!!!

That's extreme over selling, and i think that it's from the companies that get about 30 or 40 clients then disappear completely and steal thier money
    VergiSolutions.com | Quality shared web hosting services.
    Now 75% discount on all packages!

It really seems too good to be true, however for $20 a year, personally I don't think there is any harm trying that is assuming you will be hosting a non critical website.

And they could be making for the cost through banner ads.

http://www.hosteg.com/tempelates.html

But good luck

That's extreme over selling, and i think that it's from the companies that get about 30 or 40 clients then disappear completely and steal thier money
    Nah...they bought one of those unlimited space hard drives you can get at compusa .

I wouldn't trust any host that uses such tactics. Not to mention all the obvious spelling/grammar mistakes:

"Secure Online Payment throw 2Checkout.Com"
    "Templelates"
    "Band width"
    "The most cheap and reliable web host where ever you need "

And the banner ads make it 10 times worse - they are a host - they're main source of income shoudl be from webhosting - not banner ads...

Oh yes, that's the ultimate overselling: unlimited everything! Often they just don't know what they're doing... They really believe it's OK to offer that kind of things...

From Whois: Created: 2003-09-22, not really and experienced company. It seems like they are from Egypt.

"Secure Online Payment throw 2Checkout.Com"
    "Templelates"
    "Band width"
    "The most cheap and reliable web host where ever you need "

And the banner ads make it 10 times worse - they are a host - they're main source of income shoudl be from webhosting - not banner ads...
    Totaly agree with u...

I 4th those statements.

Re: http://www.hosteg.com

Originally posted by hesham373
    have any one heared about this company before??

they offer unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth for only 20 $ per YEAR!!!!

Interesting... their server is in The Planet data center... may have to sign up for an account and offer up some software downloads.

Anyone need a 14gb ISO of every version of *nix ever released?
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Their site is full of typos and bad english/grammar

hmm, im goin to admitt, dats 1 of teh wirst efferts i hav evere seen.

To dezine sutch a bad sight reely taykes alot of consentrashun

note 2 menshun unlimeted evereefing
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

i think that it's from the companies that get about 30 or 40 clients then disappear completely and steal thier money
    seems like you already know how it'll end up if you sign-up, so why exactly are you asking about them.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Maybe he was just commenting, not being in actually using their services...

i got unlimited bandwidth but thats only to my local server and space is limited to the 30 gig hard drive

hope that can shed some insite
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

You have only the amount of bandwidth your connection can push. Not unlimited by any means.

Yes, there's no such thing as "unlimited" in our world... Not to mention unlimited for a fixed amount of money... Don't try to fool yourself...

I've never heard of them.

HostUlrta.com offers the same for free, but there are pop-up ads

seems like you already know how it'll end up if you sign-up, so why exactly are you asking about them.
    I wasn't going to signup with them...i have my own company!!
    I just wanted to know your comments about such companies

ah, well i didn't see your signature.

However, regardless of what they claim to offer i can never understand why hosts make threads about other hosts just to put them down, last time i checked it wasn't even permitted.

Doesn't matter if they offer unlimited everything or free trips to the moon with every account, it's still making a thread just to bash them, why should their existence even bother you?
    Hyperconfused (™)

I just wanted to know your comments about such companies
    They should be ignored, they all soon die off anyway, but in my opinion they are not much better than companies that make 'about us' pages with remarks about "our servers" headquarters and staff when they are basically just selling services for somebody else on a glorified, no investment needed affiliate program.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Stay away from "unlimited" accounts

I just had my fill with Hosteg.com. I had an account with them and had recently added the download of a linux distribution (2 iso files, about 50MB each). That went well for about 2 days, then my account was not accessable anymore. After 2 days of sending emails to them, they finally said something about "suspended due to illegal software"???
    Nobody is even able to tell me what exactly they consider so illegal, nor will they give me the chance to access my files.
    I ended up getting another hosting company.

----> STAY AWAY FROM HOSTEG.COM!!! <----