Question graphic control panel?

Is it necessary to buy those providing contral panel, like cpanel, plesk? I know that will be more convenient but does that also mean securit flaws?

Thanks for ideas.

I know little about linux. All I know is to follow manuals and update and update LOL

Control panel is very important However there is no need to purchase any control panel. You may want to try Nix Panel. This is totally free and is good too.

Thanks, patterns

But the Google PR of home page of NixPanel is only 2. Seems NixPanel still has a long way to go.

Control panels allow you to transfer site adminstration to your customers. It will be a matter of time when you stumble across someone who wants a website. You just set them up an account, then they can manage most admin tasks without buggin you.

You have to be really sharp with your OS to run a server w/o a CP. It is commonly done.

And as for security risks, yes, they do add an additional layer that can be exploited.

Originally posted by bigheadfish
    Thanks, patterns

But the Google PR of home page of NixPanel is only 2. Seems NixPanel still has a long way to go.
    You are right but still, that was the tool for FREE and I tried on our Linux server. It is good & simple too. Other panels cost something and I understand they give more functionality. Choice is yours. :-))