Domain ownership question

I have a friend of the family whom called me the other night and wanted to discuss her website situation.

She basically stated that her website was designed and hosted with the same company located in BC Canada. She said the company no longer answers her calls or emails for 3 months and seems to have taken off.

When I checked her domain, the company that's nowhere to be found is listed under each information section. Does this mean we're SOL when it comes to contacting register.com about an ownership change or DNS change?

Looking for some advice.

Jeff

Yet another example of bad domain management. When will people learn?...

The question is, did she pay for the domain, or did they?. Where abouts in BC are they located?..I live in bc. Maybe I can go knock on their door

The funny thing is that their business line and messaging works still. So not sure if they are ignoring her/me for a reason or if they did quit dealing with the business.

The domain, etc was ALL done through them. She has invoices from them proving she paid them for the domain though.

the whois information is under her info or their info ?

what about the registrant/administrative email contact?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

ALL info is under them... nothing regarding my client is listed in the domain information.