managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Our server down for long hours ,i sent email to managed.com before hour and half ,and yet nothing....

im not sure about now, but i believe they dont have staffing aftering 6pm, so your reboot wont happen until tommorow morning.
    -Eric Osborne
    www.NitrousHosting.net

Originally posted by NH-Eric
    im not sure about now, but i believe they dont have staffing aftering 6pm, so your reboot wont happen until tommorow morning.

Ouch

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

they don't do major work after 6pm :-/
    Robin Alex
    At your service....

Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Originally posted by Ronikil

Our server down for long hours ,i sent email to managed.com before hour and half ,and yet nothing....

Ronikil,

We've already sent several emails to you about the problem throughout the day, but you have not responded to our network security team.

Your box has been disconnected due to continuous spamming violations. We've also warned you several times in the past that spamming is not allowed on our network, but you have not comply with our policy.
    Managed Solutions Group, Inc.
    (888) 585-8889
    www.managed.com

Originally posted by NH-Eric
    It's 1:15 am (PST) and we are still here. We just rebooted six servers this past hours. It must be nice for you guys to be in bed by 11:00 pm while common folks like us are still up and working hard.
    Managed Solutions Group, Inc.
    (888) 585-8889
    www.managed.com

Originally posted by MSG Inc.
    It's 1:15 am (PST) and we are still here. We just rebooted six servers this past hours. It must be nice for you guys to be in bed by 11:00 pm while common folks like us are still up and working hard.
    Whoa dude...

Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Ronikil,

We've already sent several emails to you about the problem throughout the day, but you have not responded to our network security team.

Your box has been disconnected due to continuous spamming violations. We've also warned you several times in the past that spamming is not allowed on our network, but you have not comply with our policy.

Looks like we've resorted to fighting fire with fire

Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Originally posted by DeathNova

Looks like we've resorted to fighting fire with fire
    I for one like this side of Managed.com, this proves there are live people behind the company!

I agree, I just find it a bit amusing that they had the guts to come out with something that potentially libelous. My response would have been something to the effect of:

"We intentionally took your server offline, please contact us for details."

Ce'st la vie

I wish I could be in bed before say 6am? Do you guys not have some sort of privacy policy that protects your clients? I just think to expose any fault in a customer on a public forum is a bit intruding.

I agree with DeathNova that the wording could have been more carefull but I can understand that they want to defend themselves against untrue allegations.

And there are a lot of people posting on this forum who start their sentences with "I believe" or "I think" when posting about a provider without have a clue about what they are stating.

In a lot of threads where a customer is blaming something on a company you only hear their side of the story and in the few threads that companies react you see most of the time that the truth isn't as black&white as the topic starters suggest.

I can't blame a compagny for replying when a customer comes here and blames a compagny for something which isn't true.

But I agree: wording is everything!

Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Ronikil,

From what I can see, Ronkil's IPs are 66.79.165.50 and in that range. Unless he has another IP range, I can't find any reports of spam from that range...

- Matt

Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Originally posted by mainarea
    From what I can see, Ronkil's IPs are 66.79.165.50 and in that range. Unless he has another IP range, I can't find any reports of spam from that range...

- Matt
    The only time I've seen MSG post here lately is when they make some claim against one of their clients. Since they only seem to post about once a month I really don't doubt that this claim is true. In fact I've also looked up the IP you posted and found a Spews listing. I really don't put assign much credibility with Spews but it is listed there nonetheless.

Managed just doesn't seem interested in addressing all of the MANY legitimate issues we see posted here. For example they sure didn't show up to post an explanation about sending a client's Credit Card Information to a complete stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Inc.
    Working hard? Excluding week-ends of course....

Re: Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    The only time I've seen MSG post here lately is when they make some claim against one of their clients. Since they only seem to post about once a month I really don't doubt that this claim is true. In fact I've also looked up the IP you posted and found a Spews listing. I really don't put assign much credibility with Spews but it is listed there nonetheless.

Managed just doesn't seem interested in addressing all of the MANY legitimate issues we see posted here. For example they sure didn't show up to post an explanation about sending a client's Credit Card Information to a complete stranger.

Ohhhh, shocker, Watcher_TVI is in another managed.com thread.

This isn't their support forum.

They don't need to come in here to address anything, wether you think it's "legit" or not.

You worry too much about a company you can't compete with.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Originally posted by sirius

Ohhhh, shocker, Watcher_TVI is in another managed.com thread.

This isn't their support forum.

They don't need to come in here to address anything, wether you think it's "legit" or not.

You worry too much about a company you can't compete with.

Sirius [/B]
    Managed.com is certainly not my competition, I don't have any dedicated server clients. Although I would just love life if my shared hosting competition all moved their clients over to managed.com servers.

Your right Sirius, this isn't their support forum, so why are they responding to this *support* issue from Ronikil here?

I did post the Spews listing which would seem to validate their claims there was some Spam activity going on (although Spews can be highly questionable). I certainly won't denigrate this thread by replying to any more of your personal attacks though.

Have a nice day...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Managed.com is certainly not my competition, I don't have any dedicated server clients. Although I would just love life if my shared hosting competition all moved their clients over to managed.com servers.

Your right Sirius, this isn't their support forum, so why are they responding to this *support* issue from Ronikil here?

I did post the Spews listing which would seem to validate their claims there was some Spam activity going on (although Spews can be highly questionable). I certainly won't denigrate this thread by replying to any more of your personal attacks though.

Have a nice day...
    I attacked you? Where?

So why are they responding? I guess the same reason you find the time to respond to most of the managed.com threads.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I'm glad to see someone at managed decided to throw some sort of input into this thread. They obviously don't want to put up with pety flaming like I see in so many managed.com threads, and I certainly don't blame them. I've heard so many stories on here about them yet still I signed up with them. I must say, my clients and myself are very pleased with the service at this time.

It always seems like the same few people out to drill managed into the ground. I made sure to take note of that when making my decision to join their clientbase.

Most of us are business owners and techs here, lets try and keep our professional side in front when posting. I know if I was a client looking up info on a host I was considering, and saw some of the stuff that goes on in here, I'd be going the other way.

I haven't said too much on these forums, as I try to only voice my opinion when I feel it can be of some assistance, but I've read one too many managed.com threads without saying -something-.

Thank you, and have a nice day

Re: Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

SPEWS doesn't have that IP or any IPs in that class C listed, there's just a massive Managed.com block at SPEWS.

Waiting on a reboot for 2 hours now, my last one took 9 hours...
    See http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=270062
    - Matt

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Originally posted by mainarea

Waiting on a reboot for 2 hours now, my last one took 9 hours...
    See http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=270062
    - Matt
    No matter how you slice it, that ain't good.

Sirius

well ,every thing is fine now
    we had some customer which is spammed like a hell!!
    this customer's account suspended and managed.com got our servers back on line

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: managed.com ,reboots become slower?

Originally posted by sirius
    No matter how you slice it, that ain't good.

Sirius
    So far, we've asked for 2 reboots. Both required manual fscks. One took 9 hours, the other took 5 hours. That's an average reboot time of 7 hours!

- Matt