Looking for shopping cart or someone capable of building.

I need to build in a shopping cart to a web site I am currently designing. I do not have much experience with them, but would be capable of skinning.

Had a look at ZEN, looks ok, installed it, just can't seem to get it to do what I want.

basicly I want to add a few features to an existing layout, is this possible? The shopping cart would not contain more than a few items.

How much would you charge for this?

A great option for a shopping cart is OSCommerce (OS = Open Source). Great thing is, since it's open source, it's FREE!

http://www.oscommerce.com/

Yes you can easily customize oscommerce to your needs
    Primary email: advanced dot programmer at gmail dot com ..

And if you need help customizing oscommerce feel free to contact me pmcgrath (at) systemsmanager.net

examples of my oscommerce work

www.tourbec.info
    www.pcfiredup.com
    www.sterlinimagic.com

cheers

Peter M.

I definitely recommend oscommerce and if you need any work for it contact me. I have over 2 years of experience with oscommerce. I am capable of tweaking as well as creating new modules for it.

DarkG

Thanks for all the posts.

BTW isn't Zen the same thing as oScommerce, just more user friendly?

kinda ZEN is actually made by a oscommerce module programmer that decided to make her own ecommerce solution. which is why it turned out similar to oscommerce.

but for your particular purposes oscommerce is the way to go.

kinda ZEN is actually made by a oscommerce module programmer that decided to make her own ecommerce solution. which is why it turned out similar to oscommerce.
    Actually a couple of team members from the oscommerce team left oscommerce and used oscommerce to develop their own version of a shopping cart system. The system is a fork from oscommerce, with many enhansements and changes to the core which make it more user friendly and easier to integrate layouts into.

The Team at Zen-Cart has 2 developers who have associations with other major sites that deal with oscommerce customizations. A good cart solution as well, but they still consider their cart to be beta, which is not to mean that others are not using it on live sites....

cheers,

Peter M.