Thread: Paypal

Paypal

To be honest, I had very good experience with paypal's tech support.

Most of time, they replied my email within 30 mins.

Well, that's just my experience.

<<Please read our rules on signatures. Thanks! - Mod>>
    Last edited by TradeViceroy; 05-23-2004 at 10:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

good, paypal is probably the easiest payment processor to use in the business. However, beware of fraudsters with fake credit cards! Its really really easy to trick paypal...
    http://www.paypalsucks.com
    http://www.paypalwarning.com
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks dude...

I visited some of them before,
    I believe what they said and their experience.

I know Paypal is not "well-done" yet, - still far away.
    But on the other hand, it is easy to utilize.

well, it's a trade off, that's life ^_^
      0 Not allowed!

PayPal's normal support has always been pretty quick for me, and I've never been on hold for more than 2 minutes with their Debit Card Security department.

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

I really do not see why so many people complain about PayPal, they have worked fine for me and only seem to be improving at the moment!
      0 Not allowed!

If I say all the payment gateways have their own flaws and that they are still very prone to hackers. I think most of you should agree.

It is just a matter of how they handle them, how they insure them and how they treat you as a client.
      0 Not allowed!

Paypal have just launched new services in the UK with their new European headquarters in Dublin. It seems they are going from strength to strength. When compared with other merchant services, they are considerably more inexpensive. I would suggest that Paypal is ideal for entry-level businesses.
      0 Not allowed!

PayPal charges quite a bit of money to use their system. I saw $1 go to $.66. But that also had border charges according to them.
      0 Not allowed!

If you use PayPal, does every customer has to signup with PayPal, verify their credit card and only then be able to buy stuff from you? I find it very confusing and it will certainly put off 99% of your clients who never used paypay before.

GM
    Web Hosting and Cloud Hosting in Australia
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by gm22
    If you use PayPal, does every customer has to signup with PayPal, verify their credit card and only then be able to buy stuff from you? I find it very confusing and it will certainly put off 99% of your clients who never used paypay before.

GM
    Check out this link: http://paypal.typepad.com/pdn/2004/0...p_not_req.html :
    Buyers are no longer required to sign up for PayPal when making a payment. This currently applies to Buy Now and Shopping Cart payments made to US Business and Premier accounts. Merchants need not do anything to take advantage of this. We have modified the payment process for US Business and Premier accounts automatically. We are reviewing the application of this process for eBay payments, Subscriptions and non-US merchants.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by charmedlover
    PayPal charges quite a bit of money to use their system. I saw $1 go to $.66. But that also had border charges according to them.
    Most merchant accounts charge a certain percentage, plus $0.25-$0.35 per transaction. That's normal. Why you'd be charging people just $1 through PayPal is beyond my guessing...

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

Here is what I got from PayPal today:

3. If the buyer does not have a PayPal Account, they can fill out
    the quick form with their email address, credit card number, and
    shipping information.

4. If the buyer is required to complete the Expanded Use Enrollment
    Process before a payment can be sent, the buyer will be directed to
    initiate or complete the confirmation at this point
    If the Expanded Use Enrollment Process is required during a Website
    Payment attempt, the payment cannot be processed until the Expanded Use
    Enrollment Process has been completed on a PayPal Account.

The buyer must return to the Seller's Website once the Expanded
    Use Enrollment Process is completed, to send the payment to the seller
    Is every new buyer required complete the Expanded Use Enrollment? This takes days!

GM
      0 Not allowed!

Well I would not think so because it does say if. And depending on where you (the merchant) is & the type of account you have, your paypal consumers might not have to register at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Just got a reply from PayPal. They say that most US customers will not need to register. Only non-US clients do, due to the fact that Credit Card system cannot verify postal address of non US credit card accounts.

GM
      0 Not allowed!

This is the same situation in the UK where the equivalent is "post codes", and these can be easily verified and therefore the majority of UK consumers do not have to sign up with a Paypal account.
      0 Not allowed!

Just to be clear, the vast majority of shoppers will be able to make a payment *before* they complete the expanded use process.
      0 Not allowed!

Problem is, if you live outside the US, you can't accept direct credit card payments from anyone with you business account - only US business accounts can accept direct credit card payments from people without a Paypal account - So if you live outside the US you're still losing a TON of customers; I know I am. That's why I had to switch to 2co recently, paypal is virtually useless for small businesses outside the US.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by pylon
    Problem is, if you live outside the US, you can't accept direct credit card payments from anyone with you business account - only US business accounts can accept direct credit card payments from people without a Paypal account - So if you live outside the US you're still losing a TON of customers; I know I am. That's why I had to switch to 2co recently, paypal is virtually useless for small businesses outside the US.

Not true at all.

I have a verified Swedish Business Account and my clients do not have to sign up to paypal to make payments via credit card.

Simon
      0 Not allowed!

There's different levels of "not being forced to make an account" - your customers can work around the system, but Paypal is still forcing itself on them and costing you money.

Non US business accounts do not have access to "Website Payments" - i'm referring to this:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...anding-outside

This gives your account the ability to accept a credit card payments flat out - no paypal interference, no "make a paypal password". Only available to US accounts. According to paypal there's no ETA for international accounts.
      0 Not allowed!

The only problem I have with Paypal is ... they charge me a little
    bit much....

I'd tried Authorize.Net before, their transaction fee seems to be fewer - I couldn't remember.

But since Paypal is an "Ebay company", I would vote for
    the "Brand Name", though, it's a little bit stupid. ^_^

<<<signatures must be setup in your profile>>>
    Last edited by Matt; 05-23-2004 at 08:06 PM.
      0 Not allowed!