ourinternet.us flakey servers

Over the past 3 days, one of ourinternet.us's
    shared hosting servers, web3.ourinternet.us, has been
    off-line for hours at a time.

Occasionly you can't ping it, but most of the
    time, you get a "connection refused" to
    port 80 of the server. A couple of
    their other servers seem fine.

Yes we had a problem with the server and worked around the clock to fix it for good. We could not get it to boot out of single user mode and everytime we tried it would go offline. The server has been fixed and stable since yesterday at 5pm. We were trying to avoid a full restore and were able to.

Thank you,

Server Down again?

Jason, Actually I sent you a email yesterday, and my trouble tickets get replied last night. Server was recovered around 11PM yesterday.

But it seems your server down again right now (7:20PM Central Time). I knew you guys are working hard on it, hope the server will recover soon. and hopefully won't down tomorrow.

Thanks

It was 5pm when it came back up EST. But anyway sorry again for the downtime and sever is running. I know we are doing a few test and may be down for a few minutes but all is OK. Take care!

Thumbs down Daily Downtime

I'm just wondering...on average...how long it takes to recover a hard-drive, or fix/replace a server, or replace the OS, or fix update the firewall? I want to be educated.

By 9:04 this evening, ALL of my clients will have been down for 72 hours!

By 6:20 this evening, my 'service' domain will have been down for 48 hours

Is THREE DAYS "NORMAL"?

Last edited by croozin; 02-22-2004 at 01:44 PM.

Sorry Lee, we had problems with this server and finally just ditched the entire server and put a new one online. We also found some suspicious activity and had to make sure that the box was locked down and go through all the logs before we brought the server back online. It is backup and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your clients.

Have a nice weekend,

Not down 72 hours!

We have several websites with Our Internet and some on this server. They were off line, but not 72 hours! I'm not happy my sites were off line about 12hours and 14 hours over the weekend.
    They had to be doing a full security check is my guess. But I know I lost no data, and these guys work hard to protect my websites from failures and hackers.
    I love their prices and know they work 24 hours a day to keep me going. I'm a realist, the internet is not prefect and there are a lot of hackers and spammers out there trying to screw up your website.
    Thank you for the hard!

Exclamation If I remember correctly,

If I remember correctly,

they had few big down times on Web3 server during
    March 30 ~ April 1, 2004
    May 8 ~ May 10, 2004

the problem seems to be very specific to this web3 server.. all of other servers (specially their windows servers) were fine since I became customer back in January 2004.

Re: If I remember correctly,

Originally posted by nic2mit
    If I remember correctly,

they had few big down times on Web3 server during
    March 30 ~ April 1, 2004
    May 8 ~ May 10, 2004

the problem seems to be very specific to this web3 server.. all of other servers (specially their windows servers) were fine since I became customer back in January 2004.
    This thread is over 3 months old. Please don't bring them back to life. Just start a new one.