Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Originally posted by The Dude_
    I think this whole gas thing is those countries paying the USA back for messing with IRAQ (Thanx bush)

If prices continue to sore,i imagine there will be alot of drive off's coming up!!!!!!

2.06 for regular here in Albany NY
    2.21 Super

The Dude
    well actually high gas prices right now are due to a constraint in refinery capabillty and reserves bbeing low - this is actualy due to the liberals who have consistently blocked building refineries and bash bush for trying to and calling him big oil.

lol- so thanks kerry and gore and all those guys!

this is a fact - there is plenty of capacity in deisel - and its price has only gone up to 1.58 vs 1.85 here. they used to be the same - so you can say that the run up in crude has added about 30 cents per gallon on average - the rest is pure innelastic price demand.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

About a month ago, prices were around $2.60/gallon of regular here in Northern California. Now it's about $2.19/gallon.

All the more reason to drive a hybrid car; use less gas, pay less.
    Mitty Chang, Managing Partner & Lead Designer
    MightyMitty Design Studios
    mightymitty.com

couple questions:

1)whats it costing to keep WHT runnning when the power goes out over diesel engines.

2)I think we should trick the goofy (rich)folk in this country to buy 'premium' gasoline and charge them something like $5 /gallon so that things ballance -- just a marketing ploy and tatic that might work with the people with but loads of money and big SUVs just because thats typical one of the popular ways that money can get rerouted into the economy by charging up the other end that know they nothing else to do today
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Paid $1.01 a litre yesterday in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Good thing I don't own a gas guzzler.

$2.10 for fricking mid grade.

In southern AZ though we've been paying those prices for a damn long time, even before the war and all. Supposidly a line broke between Tucson and Phoenix...

My truck (diesel) costs me a ton to fill up. The bad part is I have to pay twice cause all the stations around here have a $50 cut off..
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I know you are talking from an American perspective but i really can't feel huge amounts of sympathy.

I don't drive but i know many that do and here in Britain the average price for a litre of unleaded is 80p and rising.

That is $1.41 a litre.

THAT IS $5.36 per gallon approx so do excuse me if i "don't cry for you America" [Sung along to the tune of Evita it sort of goes, well ish].

So i think i'll instead, seems far more appropriate.

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

$1.99 where I live
    I am back....

Originally posted by cMark
    $0.89

I love Canada......
    A few years ago, we could go as low as $1.00 per gallon. That's where the problems are coming from.

$2.25 for regular unleaded in so cal.

Originally posted by Critic
    I know you are talking from an American perspective but i really can't feel huge amounts of sympathy.

I don't drive but i know many that do and here in Britain the average price for a litre of unleaded is 80p and rising.

That is $1.41 a litre.

THAT IS $5.36 per gallon approx so do excuse me if i "don't cry for you America" [Sung along to the tune of Evita it sort of goes, well ish].

Critic,
    Gotta love Gordon Brown and his tax the criminal motorists who dare to drive their own car because our public transport system sucks
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

hey just an FYI, can I PLEASE barrow your credit card, honest honest I'll bring it back and you wont even know it was gone.
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Between $1.79 and $1.89/gal for regular, all within a few minutes of my house. Last week it was $1.71.

-Josh

fredrick, maryland... $1.86 for regular
    Germantown, maryland...$2.01 for regular
    "Let go, Let God"
    "He didn't lose his life on the cross, He gave it"
    "No matter which path you choose, you can only move forward"

It doesn't matter what you pay per gallon - what matters is how much you drive. I drive 500 miles a week, every week.

$1.84 in my area of Orlando - have seen prices above the $2 mark. There is a LOT of profiteering and the government is resposible for letting things get out of control. Prices will continue going up non-stop well into September. With the current war ruckus in Iraq it's evident Mr. Bush will eat humble pie in November.

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    Gotta love Gordon Brown and his tax the criminal motorists who dare to drive their own car because our public transport system sucks
    we bitch about it, but really it is fairly good, compared to similar systems in the US and other areas of europe.
    Gone.

I'm paying €1,31 a liter for uload and that is around $6,- a gal!

Re: Gas prices

Originally posted by Carp
    It's getting bad!!

Gas prices here went up 2 times yesterday!! They went from $1.93 to $1.97 to $2.01

What are you all paying?
    $2.10 Here USD

Posted a few months ago... looks like a few people will now be taking their foot out of their mouth:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

Originally posted by phision.com
    we bitch about it, but really it is fairly good, compared to similar systems in the US and other areas of europe.
    True

I've used some other transport systems in Europe and i think the Underground kicks their *** in so many ways [excuse my French, btw, there version of the tube was real shoddy].

Getting back on topic, phision.com, what do you think about all these yanks moaning about 2 bucks a gallon from the outside looking in?

And the word is that because of petrol prices here some of the old protest groups from a few years back are considering reactivating themselves if things continue the way they do.

I know it's relative but it makes me chuckle a bit.

Critic,

0.40$

Unleaded
    One GALLON
    Full Service

The Secret?

I live in Venezuela, one of OPEC's leading countries

That is $1.41 a litre.

Critic,

Put it into perspective.

I can drive accross your country with less than a tank of gas, I can drive accross mine with about 10 tanks of gas...

I live 20 miles out of city limits, not to mention another 10 to get in the actual city.. With my truck that's 2 gallons, almost $4 to drive one way....
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by Argious
    About a month ago, prices were around $2.60/gallon of regular here in Northern California. Now it's about $2.19/gallon.

All the more reason to drive a hybrid car; use less gas, pay less.
    Wow, must be the bay area (for some reason I don't think of it as Northern, probably just because it's lower down than me). I live near Sacramento and we haven't gotten prices that high.... yet.

Edit: That is the $2.60 not the $2.19 of course

Getting back on topic, phision.com, what do you think about all these yanks moaning about 2 bucks a gallon from the outside looking in?
    I'm all for higher prices in the US. The USA is the world's #1 consumer of oil (they consume 4x the oil per person than in any other developed country)

I'm fed up of seeing people in the US with their hugely inefficient trucks driving to the supermarket etc. Total waste of precious resources (which, at the current rate will have completely peaked within the next 15 years, and that's putting it extremely generously)

Small cars, such as the Smart car and cars like the (very efficient) Peugeot 206 are almost unheard of. Everyone drives around in their 3 litre fuel guzzlers, when they could get a car 2-3x as efficient for a much cheaper price.

I reckon the price of petrol should depend entirely on what you need it for. Those with efficient cars pay less for petrol, those with inefficient cars (and no justifiable reason) pay 5-10x more for wasting it. Aeroplanes etc. should get it cheap - the new 800-seater plane being built does 90mpg/person, which is pretty good. Buses, public transport get it cheap too, as well as freight/logistics lorries.
    Gone.

Originally posted by phision.com
    I'm all for higher prices in the US. The USA is the world's #1 consumer of oil (they consume 4x the oil per person than in any other developed country)

I'm fed up of seeing people in the US with their hugely inefficient trucks driving to the supermarket etc. Total waste of precious resources (which, at the current rate will have completely peaked within the next 15 years, and that's putting it extremely generously)

Small cars, such as the Smart car and cars like the (very efficient) Peugeot 206 are almost unheard of. Everyone drives around in their 3 litre fuel guzzlers, when they could get a car 2-3x as efficient for a much cheaper price.

I reckon the price of petrol should depend entirely on what you need it for. Those with efficient cars pay less for petrol, those with inefficient cars (and no justifiable reason) pay 5-10x more for wasting it. Aeroplanes etc. should get it cheap - the new 800-seater plane being built does 90mpg/person, which is pretty good. Buses, public transport get it cheap too, as well as freight/logistics lorries.
    Yeah i've heard about that 4x thing..

I agree with you on people who get cars 3-3.5 litre and uwards. Now there are exceptions but in the main for city dwellers probahbly don't need it. I'm not anti car and actually disapprove of the congestion charge but people cam make more of an effor.

Someone i know was going to get this Lexus mini jeep thing, 3 litre engine or something. I said why do you need it for what you use a car for? Your current 2-2.5 litre you have at the minute is perfectly fine. And that is a big capacity for a car here in Britain.

Anyway, the mini jeep Lexus thing is coming out with a hybrid environmentally friendly more fuel efficient engine. Like in the Toyota Prius, it will be a combination of electric power and petrol. As a result i now feel i can support the purchase.

I've got no major issue with big cars in the future, it is the Engine and fuel source that we need to deal with and the emmissions. We are moving forward, well the manufacturers are, whether the cars sell is something else.

I think if public transport was converted over first to set an example and lead the way it might help persuade some of the general population.

Critic,

Gas prices in Houston are raising daily! Yesterday I was filling up my Hummer H2 (which gets excellent gas mileage by the way, 8-11MPG) and I couldn't even get a full tank of gas, because the pump limits you to 50 dollars. It was almost full when the pump hit 50 dollars, so I couldn’t even get a full tank of gas. This is the most I have ever paid for gas in my life before. I hope things change soon.

What is the cause of these high gas prices?

Thank you,
    Kyle Leissner

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast