Hi I have been doing research and I still have a few questions in the domain area that baffle me :
1) Domain reseller packages? I have looked at Wild West Domains, eNom, and Directi. The most obvious choice to me seems like Directi after looking at their comparison chart. Is there something they are not telling me? It seems way better than any other reseller program what are peoples experiences here with Directi?
2) Domain shopping cart integration? Ok so I will be selling hosting packages to my design clients and I want for them to be able to purchase or transfer their domain during the registration process along with the hosting package. I really like the shopping cart that 1t3.com has (i'm not recommending them they are no good from experience i just like their cart) What cart is that? Is that WHM AP or phpCoin? I don't have WHM AP so I'm not exactly sure what it offers but i dont think WHM AP cart is integrated with domain registration. I want something thats as simple as the 1t3.com website I've seen that set up b4 it seems to be popular
3) API? What is API I hear a lot of talk about this I don't even know what it stands for?
1) DirectI or eNom are a lot of big fans here. Each system has benefits and disadvantage, and you'll have to find the one who is best convenient for you... For me it was eNom because I bought a $6.95 account. But you maybe have not exactly the same needs than me.
3) The API is the technical glue between a program like ModernBill, WHMAp, phpCoin, etc and your dns provider like eNom, DirectI, etc.
For your information, you can get a good DirectI account if you buy an automation tool called WhoisCart, more info at http://www.whoiscart.net/. And I think you can have similar offer with others automation tools.
I was a virgin domain reseller too some weeks ago, but with WHT, you can lose your virginity here
ok so basically if I get WHM AP I won't need modern bill.... does WHM AP have a process during the shopping cart where I can register domain names... thats basically the question i want to know thanks =]
I don't think 1t3.com uses ModernBill the carts look diff 1t3.com has that 10% 50% 100% complete bar that I like I dont see it with ModernBill. I am not trying to pay more than $40 up front for a shopping cart at the start.
I think I am going with Directi. What shopping cart/domain registration cart would you recommend for me starting up. I think I should just learn to use phpCoin and maybe go with whoiscart for domain registration..
I was looking for one solution that is affordable for me starting out that will handle both of these transactions while the user is registering but I guess there is none =\