ecommerce site with SSL, do i need.....

a static ip address?

basicaly i'm building a site with OScommerce and when i get merchant service i probaly get geotrust ssl, then do i need a static ip address? is a must or just an option? how important is it?

TIA

On most set-ups, yes you will need a static IP address to attach it to. You should use a static IP address as well for that.

chain ssls will allow you to sneek out the back doar and around this issue, for sure either way you will need a SSL certificate, and an IP address is only gonna cost up to $5 /month (tops- I really hope at least)

if your gonna sell to two people a month for starters I woudnt worry just yet to make the leap, wait until it pays for itself
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Yes, you require a dedicated IP address for an SSL cert. If you are buying the cert from your webhost and having them install it for you, they will most likely just give you the IP address. It is less hassle for them in the long run as well, plus it makes for a more happy customer. At least, that's the way we see it.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

HELP. I want to use ikobo's IPN system and I don't know how to get the information and then put it in my database? Can I use MySql and PHP ? And if I can please help me with a script or something. I want to get statistical information from that database so I really need to make it. thanks

Not too sure what this has to do with SSL at all but you need to check out their site to see what is compatible: http://www.ikobo.com/ipn_manual.pdf