Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

revenge killing on video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4953015/

this really needs to end
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!
      0 Not allowed!

This isn't a revenge killing.... This is a murder...

We feed, cloth, and shelter prisoners that we capture
    They behead those they capture

Yeah.... So when do congressional hearings begin on this...
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat
      0 Not allowed!

Nothing to my surprise.

It's obvious things like this are gonna happen. funny how people stress over 1 beheaded soldier but don't really say anything about the thousands of innocent lives that died.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3701351.stm

still, i think they're trying to prove a point, an obvious one. another thing that's stupid is saying god's name in vain while killing someone else... now thats just ridiculous. i'm not religious and i even know you're not suppose to be killing anyone
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jstyla
    funny how people stress over 1 beheaded soldier but don't really say anything about the thousands of innocent lives that died.
    This wasn't a soldier. This was a civilian from Philly who was there rebuilding this country.

Reuters
    The poor quality tape showed a man sitting on the floor with five masked men behind him. After one of the masked men read out a statement, they pushed the bound man to the floor, cutting off his head and holding it aloft.
    After this they burned his body and hung it from a highway overpass...

This isn't revenge, this barbaric act has been done before....
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Studio64
    This wasn't a soldier. This was a civilian from Philly who was there rebuilding this country.
    ouch. someone who showed concern for their country and they behead him. Is it just me or do these people have no common sense or any moral values?

i can understand beheading a soldier - to prove a point to the opposing force but not someone who is showing support but gets done because of his nationality. racists!
      0 Not allowed!

If this is true about the UK troops, then this war is something totally different than what it started out as.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jstyla
    Nothing to my surprise.

It's obvious things like this are gonna happen. funny how people stress over 1 beheaded soldier but don't really say anything about the thousands of innocent lives that died.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3701351.stm

still, i think they're trying to prove a point, an obvious one. another thing that's stupid is saying god's name in vain while killing someone else... now thats just ridiculous. i'm not religious and i even know you're not suppose to be killing anyone
    "The man identified himself as Nick Berg, a US contractor whose body was found in Baghdad on Saturday."

Get it right..

He was not a soldier but fundamentally someones job doesn't lessen the impact of this terrible act.

We should not fall into the trap of saying that every murder on a coalition soldier or related individual is a revenge attack. That is the easy way out for these people, it attempts to create an excuse for it.

jstyla, unconfirmed report by an NGO with some sceptical views of the situation. Besides that article doesn't belong in this thread, stop trying to hijack it and inflame the situation to feed your own agenda, start your own.

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Critic
    "The man identified himself as Nick Berg, a US contractor whose body was found in Baghdad on Saturday."

Get it right..

He was not a soldier but fundamentally someones job doesn't lessen the impact of this terrible act.

Critic,
    i believe i was corrected already.

and that link was related to my point so don't tell me what i was trying to do
      0 Not allowed!

Its surprising to me how many people think things like this are a rare or new occurence. Violent acts have been a part of conflict ever since there was conflict; not to get into a religious argument but think back to Cain and Able. The media just works it to get as much emotion out of their audience as possible.

I'm not saying expressing my approval of this at all; its just if you are going to get upset about 1 brutal killing, you should take all into consideration. How often do we hear about or sympathize with wars in africa?
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rewdog
    Its surprising to me how many people think things like this are a rare or new occurence. Violent acts have been a part of conflict ever since there was conflict; not to get into a religious argument but think back to Cain and Able. The media just works it to get as much emotion out of their audience as possible.

I'm not saying expressing my approval of this at all; its just if you are going to get upset about 1 brutal killing, you should take all into consideration. How often do we hear about or sympathize with wars in africa?
    exactly. nicely said.
      0 Not allowed!

They had been warned that if they dont get out of Iraq it will become another Nam.
      0 Not allowed!

* American Hostage Beheaded

0 Not allowed!

There is no cause so great that something like this can be tolerated or condoned.

The people executing such an act and their supporters and enablers can never be allowed to rule over anyone or any group of people.

An act like this just hardens me and hopefully anybody else who is religious and/or believes in the rule of law.

Any religion or government that does not condemn and disavow such an act cannot be allowed to exist. PERIOD!.

The people who did the act are BEASTS who do not deserve to be heard and should be eliminated from the face of the earth. There is not justification for murder!!!!!!!

If there was any sympathy for the terrorists, there will be a lot less today.

If there is anybody out there that believes that 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter', then you need to GO TO HELL along with the terrorists.

Maybe in my next post I'll be calmed down a bit.

For now, that's how I feel.
      0 Not allowed!

It's becoming a everything thing to see an american die. He was in Iraq because he was offered a $180,000 dollar job in Iraq w/ no taxes. And people say money doesn't kill.
      0 Not allowed!

and my best wishes to his family...
      0 Not allowed!

thats sick that people can do that, i hope they capture thoughs who did it
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK
      0 Not allowed!

You mean a thread like this which many of you really didn't seem that bothered about >> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=africa

I only came into this thread inittially to correct something but when i see some people almost trying to excuse or justify this behaviour i felt i needed to speak up.

I'll stand back from this for a bit and see where this thread is heading.

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info
      0 Not allowed!

Two words: UTTERLY DISGUSTING.

All I can do is pray that my fellow American receives a life of much more justice in the other world than he did on this planet.

Now, being a Muslim, I feel depressed and sick to see such brainless minds commit acts of this nature and then credit it to the religion I follow. The Islam I follow and most others in the world practice has no second thoughts about such gruesome acts.

"No prisoner should be put to the sword" a very clear and unequivocal instruction given by the Prophet. <-- Is that not clear enough to those so-called "fighters of Islam"? It is simply UNACCEPTABLE for a human to take another human's life; that right in Islam belongs only to God.

My condolences and prayers to Nick's family who will have to face a challenging time ahead dealing with the release of the video footage. We can help by keeping the video footage a low key and certainly not helping it in the distribution of it(as it is the case with all the file sharing programs.)
      0 Not allowed!

i would hate to be a sibling and have the teacher have cnn on like they did my senior year last year and then have them just anounce it on tv just because of the fact that the enviroments not what its supposed to be
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
      0 Not allowed!

Looking forward, what can we do to reduce things like this?

Will more force help? Will greater UN involvement help? Leaving Iraq completely? What are your thoughts on solutions.
    Alvin
      0 Not allowed!

Is it ok to post a link to the video?

I have it if anyone wants to see it
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Matthew Gunnin

Out of respect for the victim and his family, don't post it. I wouldn't want people to seek entertainment out of one of my family member's death.
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Matthew Gunnin

I do not wish to see it and do not encourage others too, either.

But for those who for some reason want to see, I'd suggest the link be individually shared via PM rather than being posted in the open.

Just my take.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh yes it's so terrible when an American dies. Let's all weep and forget about the atrocities commited by his fellow Americans.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rob83
    It's becoming a everything thing to see an american die. He was in Iraq because he was offered a $180,000 dollar job in Iraq w/ no taxes. And people say money doesn't kill.
    Looks like you didn't read the whole article, what a suprise......

He was looking for a job in Iraq as he wanted to help rebuild the country. He didn't have a $180,000 job offer when he went there to try and help. He also hadn't found a job and thats why he was going to return home.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by beowulfdk
    Oh yes it's so terrible when an American dies. Let's all weep and forget about the atrocities commited by his fellow Americans.
    What does that have to do with an innocent civilian being beheaded and his body burned. Please show me an article where American troops did the same thing and I will be just as appaled.

Making prisoners strip down and do stupid crap is one thing, killing them and burning their bodies is a whole different thing.
      0 Not allowed!

<snip>
    Last edited by MattF; 05-11-2004 at 05:21 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

This is very sad, another dead in this stupid war.
    Thanks Mr. Bush

I would like to see, however, the same reaction with every one of the civilians killed by the Coalition forces (inocent childs and womans, not mercenaries trying to do some bucks with the suffering of another person)
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

SICK.
    no one can support those acts, both sides are sick....whats was this war about from the begining?!!!!
    Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Web Rhino
    SICK.
    no one can support those acts, both sides are sick....whats was this war about from the begining?!!!!
    Oil and some desert?
      0 Not allowed!

lol- these guys are so stupid - the minute they seem to be getting popular opionion to swing towards them and feel sympathetic they pull something like this. oh well - the next time I see them running around screaming about injustice as a 2000 pounder screams from the sky and flattens them - I will simply think - god is great - and his justice is swift and wont give it another thought.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

dk2.... and what gives you the right to do that? sadist...
      0 Not allowed!

[quote]#3 - bury their bodies in pig carcasses to they can never see Allah.[/qoute]
    Pay some respect MR.dk2.
    only jews think that when you o this to a muslim he will not meet ALLah-which is totally wrong, it's not even mentioned in Isalm, so keep Racist comments, i will report it to Mods.
      0 Not allowed!

its not a racist comment
      0 Not allowed!

sailor, it seems you are trying to say that those islamic militants (an al qaeda related group) is the same as all Iraq people and all Iraqy resistance fighters (generalizing this way is EXACTLY what Bush wants you to do....). There are many people that fight fairly (and ambushing military convoys is fair fighting - killing civilians, torturing POWs is NOT), many that are NOT terrorists. The terrorists only came to Iraq after Bush opened it to them (by toppling Saddam).
      0 Not allowed!

yeah, leave this to the Mods to decid, it just shows what type of ppl you are.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by alvinks
    Looking forward, what can we do to reduce things like this?

Will more force help? Will greater UN involvement help? Leaving Iraq completely? What are your thoughts on solutions.
    why are we there anyways?

leave that hell hole and let all the bastards kill each other and blow up their own $h!t
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by dk2
    its not a racist comment
    i agree with you totally!

im so freaking sick and tired of everyone crying over "racist comments" and trying to be politically correct.

well boo frikkin hoo.

well ya know what, WE americans have opinions too and MAYBE just maybe if we get back to being more "racist" or "patriotic (as i like to call it)" this kind of bull$h!t wouldnt be happening in the first place!

america... LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT BUT IF YOU INSULT US, YOURE JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE!
      0 Not allowed!

dk2.... and what gives you the right to do that? sadist...
    What gives them the right to behead an innocent man?
      0 Not allowed!

sailor, it seems you are trying to say that those islamic militants (an al qaeda related group) is the same as all Iraq people and all Iraqy resistance fighters (generalizing this way is EXACTLY what Bush wants you to do....). There are many people that fight fairly (and ambushing military convoys is fair fighting - killing civilians, torturing POWs is NOT), many that are NOT terrorists. The terrorists only came to Iraq after Bush opened it to them (by toppling Saddam).
    Let me ask you this, what are the Iraqi's fighting for?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast