Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nintendo DS picture released

A picture has been released of the upcoming Nintendo DS handheld system which includes a dual screen with a main 3" game display and a 3" touch sensitive secondary screen.

To view the picture and some article links, check out: http://www.buttonbash.com/home.php

It does look a bit large to me, but if the actual width is around 15cm the device will probably be in my pocket when it's released.

What do you guys think? Also what do you think would be a good name for the systen (DS is only a codename.)

ewwww looks ugly to me, especially compared to the design that a magazine made that was flying around the internet. Do Nintendo have no concept of a nice design?

Mind you, it looks Japanese, thats probably why its so bad
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    AgilityHosting.net - UK & European cPanel Web Hosting

Originally posted by Sash!
    Do Nintendo have no concept of a nice design?
    Did you not see the Gamecube or GBA SP?

Originally posted by Skize
    Did you not see the Gamecube or GBA SP?
    Yes, admittadly the GB SP was quite nice, nothing special about the GC though. and the original GBA looked cheap and tacky.

Im not bashing Nintendo or anything, I actually quite like them, its just this is the most ugly thing ive seen since the Game Gear

It depends on the size, on the picture it seems very large, but if it's smallish in size and depending upon the outside casing, it may look very sleek.

Mind you, it looks Japanese, thats probably why its so bad
    where have you been for the past decade?

Originally posted by jstyla
    where have you been for the past decade?
    On planet Earth, located in England or Spain most of the time to be more precise.....

On planet Earth, located in England or Spain most of the time to be more precise.....

my point was that Japanese products are probably the best around for techy stuff! just look at their nokia phones, tv's, hi fis and etc...

i dont know how you could imply japense designs are ...

my point was that Japanese products are probably the best around for techy stuff! just look at their nokia phones, tv's, hi fis and etc...

i dont know how you could imply japense designs are ...
    I was being sarcastic. You have to admit though, it looks like something from the 80's that only got released in Japan

I do hope all the Nintendo fans arent going to start a war now.....

Who care's what Nintendo fan's gotta say. It's all about Sony and just sony only.

Who care's what Nintendo fan's gotta say. It's all about Sony and just sony only.
    I take it you grew up through the playstation generation? I also take it your playing a sequel on your PS2 right now...

'my point was that Japanese products are probably the best around for techy stuff! just look at their nokia phones
    Nokia phones are from Finland

Nintendo always has fun original games. I (and my girlfriend) love the gamecube.

here's some more info on the nintendo DS

http://www.nintendo.com/e3_2004/ds/index.jsp

and nintendo announced the name to the follow up of the gamecube today if i'm correct: Nintendo Revolution

I lost interest in Nintendo after they released the gamecube. None of their gamecube games are as fun as the NES/SNES games. N64 wasn't to bad, but still not as fun. The old systems had much more replay value. A lot of games these days are fun, but once you finish the game, it gets boring fast. Also, the graphics are not as good as they advertised prior to launching the gamecube. Don't get me wrong, some of the graphics are nice, but not as nice as they could be. Whats sad is there isn't any decent mario games out. Mario Sunshine was a joke. Zelda was even worse.

I agree with RMF. I'd say Nintendo's prime was around when the original GameBoy, the SNES, and a few of the N64 games such as Mario 64 and Zelda: OoT.

could be a webtv that was over produced and they had to get rid of it to turn a profit
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

why the need for dual screen?
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

All the little handheld systems have always hurt my eyes and given me a headache. The original Gameboy was torture and the others havent' been much better.
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    •• www.apexware.com
    ••• LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    •••• www.rockbottomhosting.com

Re: Nintendo DS picture released

Originally posted by Skize
    A picture has been released of the upcoming Nintendo DS handheld system which includes a dual screen with a main 3" game display and a 3" touch sensitive secondary screen.

To view the picture and some article links, check out: http://www.buttonbash.com/home.php

It does look a bit large to me, but if the actual width is around 15cm the device will probably be in my pocket when it's released.

What do you guys think? Also what do you think would be a good name for the systen (DS is only a codename.)
    Sheesh these handhelds are getting more and more advanced. If I told my little niece I had to play with a sickly green tinted and bulky Gameboy handheld she'd give me a weird look. I feel old now...and I bet I made other people feel downright ancient.

Originally posted by Hoobastank68
    why the need for dual screen?
    One is for the map and the other is for the game. They're eliminating the need for the 'Select' button.

I like that conceptual design drawn by that other third party last time -.-"

conceptual design usually becomes the opposite of what the real design is...... (remember ps2)

I agree the design should be better (it looked so 'unlike' the design trends of techonoly today) ....... but maybe it purpose is for longer durability and comfortability (for the player) when playing the handeld.

Originally posted by DanX
    I agree with RMF. I'd say Nintendo's prime was around when the original GameBoy, the SNES, and a few of the N64 games such as Mario 64 and Zelda: OoT.
    After seeing the video of the new Zelda game today I believe Nintendo will be having another prime come 2005.

Originally posted by Umbongo
    After seeing the video of the new Zelda game today I believe Nintendo will be having another prime come 2005.
    Well a video does not tell you much. Wait until you try the game play element of the game before a verdict is made

What do you guys think of the design of the PSP?

http://www.buttonbash.com/temp/news/12_05_04.jpg

Source: http://www.buttonbash.com/home.php

Well a video does not tell you much. Wait until you try the game play element of the game before a verdict is made
    Seeing as all other Zelda games have had amazing game play I expect this to be no different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast