I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but please move it if it should be elsewhere. I've been running a philosophy site since last year. I used to be hosted by iPowerWeb, but my site was going down constantly. So I switched to BlueWho. They are excellent, but the hosting costs a bit more. The money has been coming out of my own pocket. It's really not a whole lot of money, but I'm a student and it's significant. By the end of this month, I'll have around 20,000 unique visitors and 300 registered members. My Alexa ranking bounces between 250,000 and 500,000 - depending on when I write original content. The site has a PageRank of 6 and I have hacked up phpNuke quite a bit to make it match the theme of my site. I plan for the site to grow when I have more time to work on it this summer.

If my site continues to grow, what is the best way for me to generate some revenue to pay for hosting? I doubt people would be interesting in advertising on my site because of the subject matter: philosophy, psychology, psychedelics, etc. Would a donation system be the best option for me? I definitely don't want to put banners on my site. Are text links from my site worth anything? Thanks for your help.