H-Sphere or CPanel?

We are upgrading servers; wich CP should we get? H-Sphere or CPanel?
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

cpanel because:
    1) clients love cpanel
    2) the admin cp of h-sphere is really complicated to use
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

C-panel is popular with clients, H-sphere is a bit complicated to use. Are you considering Plesk? Or any other SWSoft products?
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by lorandm
    C-panel is popular with clients, H-sphere is a bit complicated to use. Are you considering Plesk? Or any other SWSoft products?
    As of right now, CPanel or H-Sphere. I'm leaning towards CPanel though...
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

I have a bunch of shared servers, some running cpanel, some running hsphere (windows and unix). I can't really say one is better than the other. In my opinion, I think isolated sites work well on either, but reseller accounts are better under H-Sphere.
    James Cornman
    365 Data Centers - AS19151/AS29838
    Colocation • Network Connectivity • Managed Infrastructure Services

Greetings:

We've found most business customers could not tell you the name of a control panel or vendor.

They just want something easy to use that works.

H-Sphere provides complete hosting automation and includes a private label reseller automation system, and end user control panels.

The ROI on H-Sphere is gigantic given the very economical investment.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

If you offer Linux host - CPanel .

( for WINDOWS hosting - H-Sphere of course ! )
    Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

Well, it depends on how well you can manage bugs and troubleshoot control panels.
    For cPanel, you have to be ready for lots of updates and security fixes. Also stuff that doesn't work, and the common Exim problem.

I haven't used H-Sphere, but heard it's far more stable then cPanel(as most CP's are).

The fact is, most clients won't login to there CP often. As long as it's secure and works.

If you get WHM(comes with cpanel usally) Go for cpanel 100%

WHM makes life alot easier, and clients love cpanel like the above have said.

Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

We've found most business customers could not tell you the name of a control panel or vendor.

They just want something easy to use that works.
    Exactley! They could care less about what control panel is used.

Tracy Phillips

Yes they might not know the name but they know the layout and how easy it is to use.

Originally posted by Hypes
    If you get WHM(comes with cpanel usally) Go for cpanel 100%

WHM makes life alot easier, and clients love cpanel like the above have said.

WHM always comes with CPanel.

What do they love so much about it? I had rather have function over looks any day.... oh I forgot you can be elite and get "skinz" for cpanel... that must be it...

Have you ever had to admin a cluster of servers and used H-Sphere... if not you really are not in the position to compare the two.

Tracy Phillips

Yes they might not know the name but they know the layout and how easy it is to use.
    You must mean that it is easy to login to three different apps to access their billing, the server control panel and their support/ticketing system... now that is easy and streamlined huh?

I get so tired of seeing the "CPanel Rocks dUdE" type of posts when most people are not even qualifed to compare the two. Sorry to rant.

I have yet had someone that was not from these forums ask me what freakin control panel that I use.

Tracy Phillips

How long you use both cPanel and H-Sphere?
    Bestbg - Best "Background" Services

I was speaking generally. I have not used H-Sphere, maybe I shouldn't compare, but where did I say I did compare?

All I said is that WHM is easy to use, and people do like cpanel as i've had people personally tell me this. It's also known Cpanel is the leading client CP. This is excluding WHM.

But in my experience WHM and cpanel do everything you need.

Watch out for the FEES for Hsphere $5 PER Hsphere CP acct
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Do you mean easy use by the left frame in WHM that you have to scroll down forever to find things

Sorry I could not resist.

Tracy Phillips

No actually, if you look at the latest version (9.3.0) the main page has about 10-15 icons for different things now.

http://code-9.com/images/whm.jpg

Ok, maybe abit more than 15

Nice. That is one feature that it has needed for a long time.

In all seriousness, if I were a client, I would not base my decision on which control panel is being used but the feature set that is offered in the CP as well as the quality of the host.

Tracy Phillips

Originally posted by server4sale
    Watch out for the FEES for Hsphere $5 PER Hsphere CP acct
    I think if you do the math you will see that in the long term H-Sphere licensing is waaaaay more cost effective than the WHM/CPanel recurring fee... unless you go with a server company that offers free cpanel/whm licenses.

Jeffery can get you some good pricing on H-Sphere licenses to btw... http://www.hspherelicense.com

Tracy Phillips

We have been using Hsphere for years now and have loved it. The Reseller Solution they have works very well for us. The customers seem to love the all of the automation Hsphere allows.

Cpanel is very popular and people seem to like it. We have recently had customers complaining about some bugs however.

Hsphere doesnt limit you to just linux and there is a big market ou there that loves Windows. I dont know why, but they do. Offering linux only is cutting your potential market in 1/2.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I think both are good options.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Greetings:

The list price for each license is $4.50. You can get better deals with a H-Sphere reseller.

This is a ONE time fee.

Licenses can be recylced.

A customer of a H-Sphere provider can use one license to host multiple hosting plans across multiple operating systems along with multiple domain names.

So license use is extremely ROI oriented.

H-Sphere provides complete hosting automation while Cpanel... well, it is just a control panel.

If you just like getting by on "just another" whatever, then fine.

If you want something more than "just another" whatever, then pick H-Sphere.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

I prefer H-Sphere, that just me.....

If you were going with a single server, then cPanel would probably be your [cheapest] option, if you are planning to have multiple servers, then H-Sphere by far