Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how to get customers

pls help

i have only one customer and my friend who is running the same kinda company as me has over 30.

why is this my site looks better!!

i have cpanel

very cheap deals

good looking sites

but still no customers

Which one of you has a higher amount of unique visitors?
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

re

my friend gets far more visitors

Provide reliable support?
    Provide value added services?
    Obtain a good reputation?

and they will come!

My personal opinion would be to offer an affiliate program . It's a excellent way to advertise with minimal cost. If you treat your affiliates right they will send you lots of business. Some companys have thousands of affiliates. Just think of having thousands of people trying to bring you business. Just my 2 cents.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

It your site actually operational? I can't see anything to click to actually place an order for the site in your profile. Are we being trolled? :-P

*moved to running a webhosting business*

You might want to finish your site. I wouldn't do business with a company that hasn't even taken the time to present themselves to me.

Also, your prices make you look like a kid that has no clue what you're doing. 500 GB of transfer for 10.95 a month...

Right.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

500 gig transfer wow where do i sign up.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

500GB Transfer, 3GB Storage, 300MySQL databases.... haha
    Dedicated Servers, Virtual Machines, Colocation, BGP & IPs
    objx.net - AS33333 - Salt Lake, Utah
    awknet.com - AS17048 - Los Angeles, California

lol

is it suppose to be 50gig transfer

lol

i think i need to amend tht lol

How much do you spend on advertising? Your friend might be spending good amount or atleast have a budget for advertising, do you?

How is your support? Did you both start together? if he did first he can expect to have more, check what his website has and make a comparitive study on it. try and ask him what he does, though im sure he wont reveal his secrets, to succeed you need to present your self in the best way, establish a trust since what your selling is invisible so if your presentation lacks then you will loose out. Thanks

thank you

No problem, check your business plan, do targeted ads, make flyers and distribute locally, identify your niche, develop a strong USP. If you cant design a great site checkout www.templatemonster.com and head to www.templatetuning.com to change it anyhow. Spend wisely, do alot of networking in yourlocal area, get listed in local directories .

This is meant to be contructive, but you really need to work on your copy. It is almost unreadable, and even someone with an elementary english background would think "unprofessional".

There is also absolutely no information about your services.

You are going to have to work a lot harder to improve your site if you want to pick up customers.

Just saw your website protoserve.

Same graphic on everypage? it looks more like a finance company than hosting, no prices on images? the female's smiling image looks so badly cut from another one. Which hosting company puts google ads on their website? Server status "online" really? wow all that space under it for what ? no server/hardware information , no uptime no nothing? You better look at some HOSTING websites before you start my friend.

This is not a big deal but i just wanted to point this out. Before you launch your business pullup your website on explorer, netscape and the mac browser. I only use netscape and i find that there is alot of hosting companys that dont design there websites for multiple browers. I know the majority of people use explorer, still 20% of the online population uses netscape.

check my other site host-away i cant write the address becuz ill get banned i already got 20 penalty points

targeted traffic, traffic, traffic is the key.
    --

Why is everyone trying to be so helpful? Protoserve, judging by your writing and your website, you can't be more then 14, and if you are then you need to understand that grammer is critical is running a business. No matter if it's webhosting or not.

"Protoserve are a relatively new hosting company based in the UK , protoserve are 100% truthful everything you see is what you get we have a 24hr support chat room email contact for possible problem imaginable there are also online contact forms so you can easily contact staff and solve problems. "

The WHT community needs to stop giving wrong advice to underage and clueless people trying to start hosting companies. I understand many of you are just trying to help, by pointing out the bad copy and lack of logic to pricing. The only RIGHT advice you should be giving this guy is to continue his education and try getting an internship at a host if he really wants to learn a thing or do.

j22221,

I fully agree, its one thing to be young and running a successful business and being young and still not knowing how to use real grammar.

The only advice I would give is to sit down with some coffee and REALLY think about opening a business. Throwing a page up and hoping to have customers come running thru the door is stupid and doesn’t work for any type of business.

You need to plan out the business, and in your case use the grammar check etc.

And no I’m not flaming but the WHT forums are a plan to ask questions about hosting not a place to sign up and waste peoples time.

- Eddy
    Tired of jumping web hosting providers? Tired of OVERSELLING? Tired of Poor service/quality?
    Are you Finally realizing You Get What You Pay For In Life?
    If So...Please Visit ***** eServicesUnlimited***** - We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction we promise that!

I did a quick glance at your website and I saw no pricing or order page. You have to make your prices stick right out. I even still get people emailing me asking how much so and so plan costs when I have the prices displayed in huge text right on my front page.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Wow, you guys are too nice.

This guy is just another random kid with some money hoping to get off a rich-quick-scheme.

It doesn't help you type like a 10 year old that just got the internet.

?

why you acting like a bitch...slagging me off either grow up or just dont post anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast