Enom Reseller Questions

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup my hosting company and the thing that is bothering me the most is who to go with. For me, it came down to Enom and Wild West domains, but Wild West has no cheap API solution.

Enom does and they seem to be a solid and reliable company.

The next question is, how what is the cheapest and safest way to sign up?

I know I could just go and sign up on their main page, but I've read you can resell with a lower startup cost by going through an "ETP" partner. I have no problem doing that per say, but I've heard of nightmares and I'm worried about being stuck under the control of the "ETP" I sign up under.

Could I sign up directly through Enom and through an ETP? Or will Enom allow me one registration either through them directly or an ETP?

Also, if I ever decide I don't like being under the ETP I signed up with (since they can raise prices and who knows what else) can I switch and go directly under Enom?

A thorough and boring answer would be great and help me in the right direction.

Thanks everyone

cheapest is to open a sub account with an ETP for free then as soon as you reach 500 domains move to enom and to get $7.95 pricing and till you reach 1000 they will lower your fees to $6.95

some ppl had 500 domains or so and refilled the difference in their account and got $6.95 pricing
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Thanks Bashar. I do realize what you are saying. I've seen your other helpful posts but I have a concern still.

So you are saying, that I should open up a sub-account under someone else? I have looked at http://www.enomregistrations.com so far.

If I get a sub-account can I move away from the sub-account to be directly under Enom? I worry the guy above me might screw around with my domains, pricing etc...? I would prefer to just be under Enom. Truth be told, I'd rather just use the Wild West API but I'm not putting $2000 US down up front .

How can I find a good, reliable ETP reseller? There are so many shady stories out there and I don't want to be one of them. Do you have a list of safe official ETP resellers?

Thanks again Bashar

there is so many good ETPs around check the domain names offers and search for their names to read the experiences.

the only thing your ETP can do is raise your pricing, he can't steal your domains, and the moment he raise the pricing open another account and move it to it.

if you check domain name How-to's there is a post by honestman shows how to protect your sub-account from your ETP to raise the pricing
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Originally posted by stivan
    Thanks Bashar. I do realize what you are saying. I've seen your other helpful posts but I have a concern still.

So you are saying, that I should open up a sub-account under someone else? I have looked at http://www.enomregistrations.com so far.

If I get a sub-account can I move away from the sub-account to be directly under Enom? I worry the guy above me might screw around with my domains, pricing etc...? I would prefer to just be under Enom. Truth be told, I'd rather just use the Wild West API but I'm not putting $2000 US down up front .

How can I find a good, reliable ETP reseller? There are so many shady stories out there and I don't want to be one of them. Do you have a list of safe official ETP resellers?

Thanks again Bashar
    That guy will not do you wrong in anyway.

Can anyone explain the disadvantages of a sub-account?

If I have like 500 domains and I push them to an account signed up directly under Enom, will I be entitled to whatever discount 500 domains would get me?

If I sign up under a sub-account from an ETP am I tied to them forever, being unable to move directly under ENOM and get their $6.95 pricing?

Thanks again guys, for easing this burden

Originally posted by stivan
    Can anyone explain the disadvantages of a sub-account?
    None really.

If I have like 500 domains and I push them to an account signed up directly under Enom, will I be entitled to whatever discount 500 domains would get me?
    Any ETP worth their salt would help you with the move to your own account. You would need to contact eNom because it is not automatic.

If I sign up under a sub-account from an ETP am I tied to them forever, being unable to move directly under ENOM and get their $6.95 pricing?
    No you are not.

There are disadvantages of not being an ETP.

1. You cannot use enom's credit card processing via API, only ETP's can.

2. Sometimes enom won't give you as much support compared to ETPs (this is what I hear -- don't know if that is true).
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Thanks kohashi,

I have a new question for you.

How easy would it be under a sub-account to do the following:

Sell domains and my own web hosting through 2checkout

I'm trying to wrap my head around some things.

Since I can't use Enom's CC processing if I sign up under you or anyone else (a sub-account) that may work in my favor.

Would I be able to say put $100 US into my enom account (bought under you) and then use it to fund domain purchases for customers. But bill them for my hosting and domain purchases through 2checkout?

I hope I didn't make that too confusing. But the above statement is the end result of what I need to do.

Please let me know if that makes sense and if it can be done.

Thanks again everyone.

yes you can with a system like www.dramsystem.com process orders with 2CO as long as you keep funds in your reseller account.
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Thanks for the quick response kohashi,

I am then assuming, that I could also program this all myself through the API of Enom?

Are you an official/authorized ENOM ETP reseller?

if you know how to program PHP/ASP/Perl then yes, you could program your own script to interact with enom if you didn't want to buy one already made.

Thanks again Kohashi,

sorry for the many questions but maybe you missed my last one .

I promise it is the last

Are you an authorized ETP reseller?

I am not an ETP.

stivan --> if you are not an ETP yourself then it doesn't matter . the ETP is just a reseller under eNom
    the only thing the ETP can do and ( a sub-account reseller ) can't is to use enom's credit card processing via API

Even more I believe many ETPs will not use it , becuase it expinsive ( 0.95 +3% ) other CC processing companies offer much better price
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

like others have said there are very few differences

sub accounts get support from their upper level, etp's get support direct from enom

sub accounts can be started with $100 deposit, etp's have to initially deposit at least $495

sub accounts cannot use enom's credit-card processing - i personally have never met anyone who does.

only enom can raise an etp's price, your upper-level reseller (etp or otherwise) can raise a sub accounts pricing

my advice - get a sub account - see how it goes, when you get 500+ domains get an etp account (talk to your etp for assistance)
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

if i use enom CC processing its cheaper than going with paysystems $1 + %3.95 but can't have control on fraud thats why i use paysystems.