Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hostentric.com feedback

I'm considering moving to hostentric's resellers program, but thought I would get some feedback from others first.

Anyone have any good/bad feedback that might help me with this decision? How is the support? Uptime? Etc.

Thanks

I too am think about them. They might be small and not have a huge staff so don't expect 24/7 support.

One positive note is they've answered all my emails within 30 minutes (most of time sooner)....

but not sure I want to leavce 24/7 support

The company is quiet new Created on: 04-Feb-04

I signed up a week ago and even sent a Support ticket for a Cpanel transfer at 11:30PM PST. It was answered in less then 15 minutes and had the account transfered over a few minutes after. Thier servers might not be top-of-the-line, but the server I am sitting on has, 2.4 P4 1024RAM, has very few users on it right now. It seems as fast as my other host with 150+ resellers and a dual Xeon.

Not bad over all. I will keep you updated...

Ryan

<original post removed>

I thought you meant hostcentric.com and I posted feedback about them.. sorry

I signed up with Hostentric 10 days ago. Everything was fine until today (6/17/04). My server and all domains has been down all morning and NO ETA on a fix.

They did reply to my email within 10 minutes.

The sites should be back up. THey are real quick in responding, and this is only the 2nd downtime since i've been with them.

If you were on Venus MySQL failed at first at around 4:30AM PST. I opened a ticket then. At around 9:00AM or so the entire machine was unpingable and reachable. Now it seems to be back up. This is the third outage I have had since 05/26/2004.
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

Yea, i experienced that to. This was the reply to my request for more info when it was still down (around 12:23pm)
    There were a few sites abusing the system resources, causing the server to crash. We have a tech looking into fixing the problem. There is currently no ETA but there are a few things that we will need to look into to prevent this from happening again.

Originally posted by yungi
    I signed up with Hostentric 10 days ago. Everything was fine until today (6/17/04). My server and all domains has been down all morning and NO ETA on a fix.

They did reply to my email within 10 minutes.
    Make sure you email them whenever you see your sites are down for more than 5 minutes. This is the second time I've had to contact them in 10 days due to server downtime. I've asked them to either open a forum or post stats on their site to let us know what's going on, but they didn't reply to that message. They need to let us know what's going on, we shouldn't have to ask them every time.

Originally posted by MividDesigns
    The sites should be back up. THey are real quick in responding, and this is only the 2nd downtime since i've been with them.
    Same here....how long have you been with them?

Originally posted by MividDesigns
    Yea, i experienced that to. This was the reply to my request for more info when it was still down (around 12:23pm)
    I received this as well, word for word. If they are receiving enough inquiries to write a script, they need to develop a plan to provide everyone with information before we have to ask.

This is called "anticipating the needs of the customer" and most people greatly appreciate this.

It looks like one of the servers Venus, is down again. I don't think they found who was hogging all the resources. AHHHHHH. I need a new host. This is unacceptable!!

Maybe I will spend the money and get a decent reseller account somewhere, but then I might need to charge friends and family for their websites
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

Originally posted by suiso
    It looks like one of the servers Venus, is down again. I don't think they found who was hogging all the resources. AHHHHHH. I need a new host. This is unacceptable!!
    I was just coming back to mention this myself. I'm now off to look for a more reliable reseller.....

Ya, I hate to move again... I just came from Mesopia and they suck too. I just need a stable reseller account for around $12. I don't think it should be this hard

Let me know what you find.
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

We all must be on Venus then.

Seems like they are down all the time now.

I am looking for a new host as well. This is my third move, I don't want to move again.

If there is anything more reliable that people know of, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ya, I hate to move again... I just came from Mesopia and they suck too. I just need a stable reseller account for around $12. I don't think it should be this hard

Let me know what you find.
    Check www.seraphex.com. I don't know how much space you need, but their smallest account for $15 is 2/20. I have an account with them, hostentric is my second acount. I do not have a single complaint concerning them, and I've used them several months now. Servers are fast, if there has been any downtime I haven't noticed. And they have forums so you know you can always be in touch with other customers. I don't think you can go wrong with them. Now if only I can find a second reseller as reliable as they are.

Originally posted by AMD72
    Check www.seraphex.com. I don't know how much space you need, but their smallest account for $15 is 2/20.
    I don't know if they allow legal adult content. I have one friend who has a rather busy site, ~5GB/Month, that has lots of adult pix and a few videos.

I read the TOS and it does not say anything about adult content. This is why I moved to Hostentric. At least they allow adult content.

I'll keep looking...
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

Looks like Venus is back up. We'll see for how long.....
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

Looks like Venus is back up. We'll see for how long.....
    Hopefully long enough for us to move our sites.

I just need a stable reseller account for around $12. I don't think it should be this hard

If you want something really reliable you should probably double your pricing expectations. You can get a small reseller account for $15 but 6gb space and 45gb transfer like hostentric - never going to be reliable.

To make it reliable, they'd have to go out of business. (i.e. 20 resellers per server)
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

i was thinking about moving to hostentric.com ... but changed my mind... heh. We have few accounts on netspaceinternet.com . Super host. We can sleep at nights(already 2 months since we host with them). They offer Direct Admin, but its better for us and our clients... 3Gigs with 50gigs of bw costs 12$. Thats quit expencive, but..

Originally posted by e-view
    They offer Direct Admin, but its better for us and our clients... 3Gigs with 50gigs of bw costs 12$. Thats quit expencive, but..

IMHO...
    There is some "hosts" which offer 2gigs for 4$ ... && with cPanel...

I'm thinking about building a VPS with TekTonic.net....anyone want to stop me?

mm... nice

Originally posted by NexDog
    I will add to that:

how to understand?

Basiclly there are several people who have tried hosts that sell reseller accounts for $4 look around the forums and they all get upset that they got no service alot of downtime or the host just packed thier bags and closed up shop
    DSL WebHosting Solutions
    Fast Affordable WebHosting Solutions
    24/7/365 Support

heh . .. but comparing with others, its not the cheapest and best host
    (from this (other) side you are right). thriftys pays twice

Well, no one stopped me, but after nearly an entire day reading over these forums, I signed up for a VPS with ServInt. This is my first time with anything bigger than a reseller account, but from what I've read I think I'm in good hands, and I can learn everything I don't already know.

DUDE THIS SUX SO BAD!!! I'M on Saturn and it is down also.....this just sucks man...now I need to move again......anyone know of a good host for $50 month, 10GB and at least 150BW??????????????????

HATE MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double that price and you'd be in the reliable host's ballpark.

Or lower your BW and disk space for that price. There are very few hosts that can match that. For $50 a month you can do what AMD72 did and get a decent VPS.

I wish I could afford $50 a month on this.
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

hmm is that badd...?? it is media catch

To stay true to this tread one of the servers I am on, Venus, is down again!!! I use SiteUpTime.com to alert me of this. I jumped on my comp to confirm this. Unable to even ping.

Hostestric Sucks!!!!!
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

Logo, that just means that hey broke the rules here. To get starred out it must have been a bad infractiion though.

I am 100% free of HostEntric. (Took them about 10 minutes to delete my account after telling them I no longer needed their services - thought the courtesy of a reply would have at least shown a bit of professionalism....no such luck.) My VPS is up and running and today ServInt increased the disk space on my account from 5 to 10 GB. That and 200 GB of bandwidth and I don't see myself having to upgrade for a very long time.

Anyone else looking to move found a good provider yet?

These guys are willing to setup a deal with me:

Ayksolutions.com
    dsl-webhosting-solutions.com
    ultraunix.net
    www.webhosting.cx

Any feedback on them will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast