Hey, some questions from me.

Im looking at The Planets Dedicated Servers since I want to start a web hosting business. Dont worry Im going for reseller first, just shopping around.

Do I need a hardware firewall:

Cisco PIX 506e + $195/MO
    Cisco PIX 515e + $495/MO

Also does every website I host need its own IP address?

11 IP Addresses with FloodGuard
    27 IP Addresses with FloodGuard + $16/MO
    59 IP Addresses with FloodGuard + $32/MO

Also for the control panel:

cPanel/WHM with Fantastico + $25/MO (This is the one I want)
    Helm + $25/MO
    Plesk with PowerPack (100 Domains) + $20/MO
    Plesk with PowerPack (Unlimited Domains) + $30/MO

Does C Panel come with unlimited domains? And if they limit the domains, like if you want 100 domains, do you need 100 IP's?

Is a Dual Xeons 2.8GHz's Processor, and 2048MB of RAM, with 2000GB of Transfer, enough power for 70 websites? If so, how much do you think I can max out on that server?

I know, I have alot to learn, and Im learning little by little in this great community. Thanks Alot for all your help guys. Peace

In general you won't need the firewall, unless you are going to host some high-risk content (such as IRC, I'm not sure whether thePlanet will allow that at all) or websites which regulary have DDoS attacks.

Not every website needs its own IP address, the minimum you'd need is 2 IPs for the nameservers. You could use shared IPs.

cPanel is always unlimited domains.

The server you mentioned can easy handle that amount of websites.

In the future, if you have already decided what company you want to go with, you're probably better off emailing the company itself, as many of their competitors (unlike me though ) will not give you a (clear) answer..

Regards,

Moved to the Dedicated Servers forum.

Do you guys think I should stay at 2048MB of RAM, or save 50 bucks and go with 1024MB? Also, Im not going to put more then 50 on each server, since my customers have to have atleast 40GB Xfer.

1gb is plenty
    laslo.ca
    Quality Canadian Web Hosting

Re: Hey, some questions from me.

Originally posted by moe1128
    Im looking at The Planets Dedicated Servers since I want to start a web hosting business. Dont worry Im going for reseller first, just shopping around.

Do I need a hardware firewall:

Cisco PIX 506e + $195/MO
    Cisco PIX 515e + $495/MO

Also does every website I host need its own IP address?

11 IP Addresses with FloodGuard
    27 IP Addresses with FloodGuard + $16/MO
    59 IP Addresses with FloodGuard + $32/MO

Also for the control panel:

cPanel/WHM with Fantastico + $25/MO (This is the one I want)
    Helm + $25/MO
    Plesk with PowerPack (100 Domains) + $20/MO
    Plesk with PowerPack (Unlimited Domains) + $30/MO

Does C Panel come with unlimited domains? And if they limit the domains, like if you want 100 domains, do you need 100 IP's?

Is a Dual Xeons 2.8GHz's Processor, and 2048MB of RAM, with 2000GB of Transfer, enough power for 70 websites? If so, how much do you think I can max out on that server?

I know, I have alot to learn, and Im learning little by little in this great community. Thanks Alot for all your help guys. Peace
    Like Apoc said most people won't need Hardware firewall. For any *nix OS(Linux & Unix/FreeBSD) you would just need to install an IPTables firewall, like APF http://www.rfxnetworks.com/apf.php

The only websites that will need a Dedicated IP, are the ones that need a SSL cert, or an Anynomous FTP account.

cPanel always come's with unlimited domains(and it should for the problems it will give you. )

2 Terabytes is probably too much, wouldn't waste my money, most servers won't go over the normal 1 Terabyte.
    Also, the Dual Xeon probably is not needed, you could go with a P4 with 512mb of ram, or even a Celeron 2.4 with 1GB of Ram.
    Plus, you might wanna read more on cPanel(forums.cpanel.net) and what to expect.

-Regards
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

yea, but these servers are managed, and I cant find a really good managed server place, with p4's or celerons, especially if youre hosting 50-70 customers, and I want the 2TB, since 2000/50 is 40gigs Xfer a account.

anybody know any?

moe start here

http://hostinglife.com
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

Better you do search and learn more, or you will spend too much money with those specification for just about 50 clients. But if money doesnt matter to you, then it's all right