Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wild West Domains

How many here are signed up with wild west domains?

I don't know if they have it but does anyone know if they have an affiliate program of some sort....

I believe they have an affiliate program for referring people to there program but how about affiliates of the reseller programs?

One of the hardest parts of running a reseller program is getting new signups. The rest is a breeze...

A good affiliate program would help the resellers. Not much of a commision split unless you raise your prices considerably...

But it would help the marketing approach...
    Searchen Networks ® Inc.
    www.searchen.com

WildWest, aka GoDaddy, will contact your customers direct, when their domain is expiring. (warning sign 1)

We were with them for a very brief period, and I have to say: they stink. Their customer relations is laughable.

If you're looking to be a domain reseller, I would suggest enom.

Edit:
    I notice you're already with them. Have you contacted them and asked them if they have an affiliate program?

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

No - I haven't yet asked them....

But you have brought up an interesting thought...

What do you mean by they contact them directly when there domains expire?

Are you suggesting they try to get them to transfer?
    Searchen Networks ® Inc.
    www.searchen.com

Well, it should be your concern if they renew or not, as they are your clients. The fact that Godaddy comes along and "reminds" them that they need to renew means that you stand a good chance to lose customers to Godaddy. Definitely not a good thing (for you).

I enquired to Wild West about that - They Denied it....
    Searchen Networks ® Inc.
    www.searchen.com

I also can asure you about the remainder. I got a reseller package with them. They've sent email to one of my clients that in 90days they have to renew the domain... and guess what... the subject of the message was "90-Day Certified GoDaddy.com Renewal Notice"
    Also since couple of months they blocked access to some countries...
    So, my opinion is not to consider GoDaddy/WWD as a solution for domain reselling.

Well - I'm hoping that you guys are wrong.... It's all I can do...

I've been happy with the service and have started putting alot of time into marketing - I'm going to stick with it for now unless I see something done wrong... I pay pretty close attention to what I have going on and I have a couple domains registered through the program myself.... I haven't gotten anything I shouldnt have to date.... But if theres something set up automatically - I'll see it...

You sure thats not what happens when a reseller doesn't renew there account?

I could see that stuff happenning if the account was expired...

But not if your current...
    Searchen Networks ® Inc.
    www.searchen.com

Perhaps you can ask in the Domain Forum, where you can get more feedback.

I have an account with domainspricedright.com which is with WildWest domains. I don't recall if it said GoDaddy on the domain reminder or not. But I do know that GoDaddy will not let you register or renew the domain with them if it was not registered through them.

If they are using the name GoDaddy instead of the company name for the WildWest accunt that should be changed, but I do not think it is an attempt to try to steal an extra $1 or whatever the difference in fees are from the WildWest retailer.

Thank you for bringing that post to our attention. At no time will we contact your customers from Go Daddy or mentioning Go Daddy. That is against our policy and we do not allow that to happen. If you shut your reseller account down, we move all customers to another reseller site we have setup for just such a purpose. That is located at www.Domainspricedright.com.

Now, just to mention that early in the program (over 1 year ago), we did have an email sent to some resellers' customers mentioning Go Daddy. This was a technical glitch and we have made sure it does not happen again.

Certainly let me know what further questions you have regarding this topic and I will be happy to respond directly.

Please let us know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wild West Domains

_________________-

I'm taking there side on this one....
    Searchen Networks ® Inc.
    www.searchen.com

Wild West Domains top resellers

If you check to see who are wild west domains top resellers you will find that most of them work for WWD. I investigated one site at voxdomains.com and discovered this person has several thousand domains registered YET has no internet marketing presence. You can do all the internet marketing you want but if the customer calls to signup you will lose them to someone at wwd. Voxdomains.com is owned by someone at wwd thats a fact! So be careful when marketing wwd
    How much are you spending on marketing? because I notice your site has very few signups

I have dealt with WWD, just stick with enom or someone else...
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Thoughts

Can get you guys a 8.95 reseller account with no setup cost. ENOM I believe has a ~$500 buy in if you go through them.

Contact me at serverunion.com

Thanks...

Natron

shameless add

will remove when I can update it, sorry

Unlike most of the posts in this thread I DO recommend WWD. They have a good selection of TLD's and other products to sell and their format is nearly maintenance free to the point that your affiliate site basically runs itself. All I do is sit back and watch a commission check get deposited into my bank account each month. I would say it's a good option for anyone that has an established customer base, or at least can generate enough traffic to cover the $99 it costs to join WWD.

Cool to hear integrityhost,

I too am very happy with WWD -

But all this negative talk has had me worried....

Glad to hear that there ARE others out there that are doing well...
    Searchen Networks ® Inc.
    www.searchen.com

Re: Wild West Domains top resellers

Originally posted by tomvenderra
    If you check to see who are wild west domains top resellers you will find that most of them work for WWD. I investigated one site at voxdomains.com and discovered this person has several thousand domains registered YET has no internet marketing presence. You can do all the internet marketing you want but if the customer calls to signup you will lose them to someone at wwd. Voxdomains.com is owned by someone at wwd thats a fact! So be careful when marketing wwd
    How much are you spending on marketing? because I notice your site has very few signups
    Hmm. Me thinks your crystal ball is not working. Voxdomains is owned by a person that lives overseas. Wild West is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona with no offices overseas. They have no person by the name of Pavel who works for them. How do I know? I confirmed with one of their reps. Probably best if you check your information before posting.

I agree with Eric. No other reseller program comes even close to the products that WWD offers and their support is hard to beat.

Thanks for listening.

Domainspricedright.com

I found this site (webhostingtalk) by doing a search for Domainspricedright.com.

I too am a WWD member. I was searching for Domainspricedright.com because several of the accounts a signed up at registercheaper.com was being redirected to that site. The sites that are being redirected to Domainspricedright are sites that have been accused of misuse of credit cards. Such as a site I signed up named: rockbottomsupplements.net. After reading this forum I now know that Domainspricedright is a default site for WWD. I don't agree with WWD forwarding sites that I signed up to Domainspricedright. My reasons are simple. Recently I personally purchased a domain name through my WWD reseller account at registercheaper.com. The name I purchased was: (namemama.com) after purchasing this domain name I found out it was being forwarded to Domainspricedright.com. Whoever owned the domain name before me probably was a WWD reseller and let the reseller account expire or they bought the name under questionable means. Anyway, since the name was being forwarded on WWD server, when I purchased the domain it continued being forwarded to domainspricedright.com until a noticed it and change the dns. Dispite this I'm very happy with the service and products that WWD provides its resellers. I feel that WWD is the best reseller program available...HANDS DOWN!

Another Eric

at 99 bucks a year - it's definetly worth it....

I have faith in them...... Hope wwd and Godaddy stay in business forever....
    Searchen Networks ® Inc.
    www.searchen.com

I'm glad I read this thread. I'm a reseller through WWD as well and really like what I see and can do. I can actually beat GoDaddy in prices if I want (and I want to) and offer all of the same services except for the reseller/affiliate program. I can also offer "membership" prices to clients without them having to pay an additional $19.95 for the priviledge.

WWD reseller/affiliate

I heard WWD is working on offering a reseller/affiliate program for it's resellers to sell to potential customers. If this is so....I can't wait!
    Last edited by registercheaper; 06-12-2004 at 12:54 PM.

I agree. I've got a couple of associates that may be interested in doing just that. But, I haven't seen anything in WWD news and announcements.

I'm a Directi Reseller for last 6 months. Excellent support. They have a referral program too.Highly recommended.

Thumbs up

I have had good experiences with WWD. And I have never had them contact any of my customers with their name. Of course the customer gets domain expiration notices via email, with my company's name and contact info and from my email account. I am not sure what the other negative posters here are referring too.

Also, the few times I have needed support, they have been both friendly and helpful. And for only $99 per year and no deposit required, they can't be beat. And a $6.95 buy rate is pretty good too!

Also, for no additional fees, you can resell PayQuake accounts and set your own fees.
    WebFire Solutions

I agree with you Matthew. I've also got the PayQuake accounts available.

If what "registercheaper" says is true, there'll be something else for us to look forward to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast