Any mexican out there?

Hello,

I am currently undertaking a workplacement in France... I am fluent in English but still need to improve my Spanish :p

I am thinking about going in Mexico to live there some months to improve (learn) Spanish!

Do you think a French bloke, with fluent English, could find a job there?
    In marketing/sales and related to the IT world would be perfect

I have a A-levels, HND in Electrical engineering, BSc Honours in European Engineering and Business Management and Masters in Marketing and Sales...

Any comments are welcome Do you think I have a chance?

Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou
    Founder of the MythTV Community Website :: MythTVtalk.com :: Latest MythTV News

Re: Any mexican out there?

Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou

if you want to learn the proper spanish dialect, go to spain or cuba

i wouldnt suppose youll find any work in mexico, considering they all come to the US to work.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens

i wouldnt suppose youll find any work in mexico, considering they all come to the US to work.
    Good idea, alot of the other dialects use alot of slang, and thats what you don't want!
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

I do not want to go to spain, I have to get work experience outside Europe... I tried to find a workplacement in Canda and US, but seems you do not like French people anyway, you do not like me! lol

I would not be against going to cuba never thought about it before! but don't know if I could be more lucky there...

Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou

I'm sorry, but that is a rather racist comment. I know many people from mexico who would be offended at the thought that they dont speak "Proper" spanish. Spain and mexico are 2 different countries, just like the US and Great Britian are differnt. They both speak english...

And the comment about not finding jobs because they all come to the US to work is a very elitist comment, inferring that there are no jobs, or no jobs worthy of being worked by non-mexicans.

I would recommend that you get to know some mexicans, and you will find out that your racist views towards hispanics are very slanted.

Originally posted by amish_geek
    I'm sorry, but that is a rather racist comment. I know many people from mexico who would be offended at the thought that they dont speak "Proper" spanish. Spain and mexico are 2 different countries, just like the US and Great Britian are differnt. They both speak english...

And the comment about not finding jobs because they all come to the US to work is a very elitist comment, inferring that there are no jobs, or no jobs worthy of being worked by non-mexicans.

I would recommend that you get to know some mexicans, and you will find out that your racist views towards hispanics are very slanted.
    take it however you want. the fact of the matter is that the people of mexico do not speak with the same proper spanish dialect as most of the spanish speaking people do.

as someone who lived in orange county ca and the san joaquin valley for MANY MANY years and also being married to a cuban (marielito) i feel as if im MORE THAN qualified to make the statements i made including the one regarding the employment situation.

since when does stating facts make a comment elitist?

whatever!

your remarks about me being racist against HISPANICS is just lame and transparent. its also ridiculous. im sorry if you cant read. but dont put words in my mouth and dont twist my words around.

You realize there are actually parts of Mexico that don't border California?? It's like saying someone from California, Texas, and Maine all speak English exactly the same..they don't. Mexico is a good sized country, and they are all going to have their differences in the language and slang. It's a great place to go to learn Spanish. Saying to not go there to learn Spanish is like saying not to go to the US or Canada to speak English and you should only go to England. They are a little different slang wise but English is English.
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    •• www.apexware.com
    ••• LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    •••• www.rockbottomhosting.com

That's a motivating post APEXware

Ludo
    PS: thxs for bringing back the topic
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou

If I'm not wrong, you can't work at Cuba.
    But you can live like a month with U$S100 if you have the hotel paid, or you can live in familie's house for an small fee.

Also, Cuba is beautiful, great beachs, great people, great womans
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Well It is true alot of Mexicans come to America, mostly illegally for jobs. There are over 10 million jobs taken by illegal aliens each year and that is on an increase.

jedito?

Live with 100$ a month??? you are kidding, aren't you?
    Here in france for a small 24m², I pay a rent of 350-400Euro/month with the actual exchange rate around 450USD and for the food! much more than 100usd per month!
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou

Cuba is pretty cheap, you can eat for less than $1 and probably, you'll able to get a room in a family house for $20 per month.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

lol, where is the nearet travel agency?
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou

Originally posted by lubox.com
    lol, where is the nearet travel agency?
    down the street and to the left at the light

cuba would probably be good as a spanish is hte primary language, but a good majority speak english if you have any trouble..

Good idea, alot of the other dialects use alot of slang, and thats what you don't want!
    It's not slang, it's different forms of the language. It happens when people move around the world and become independent

Originally posted by lubox.com
    [B]I tried to find a workplacement in Canda and US, but seems you do not like French people anyway, you do not like me! lol
    Strange, especially as Canada is basically half french.

Some provinces are completely french, a'la Quebec.

Even here in Nova Scotia, on the west coast, it's mostly french.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Ludo

We live in Mexico (Puerto Vallarta area, Pacific coast) a few months of the year, and while the cost of living is nowhere near what Jedito reports of Cuba, it's hardly expensive outside of the northern border area, the Federal District, and, of course, favorite vacation spots. In "el interior," as the Mexicans call the rest of the country, you'd probably have no problem getting by on $500 USD a month.

To work in Mexico, you do need to secure what is known as an FM-3 permit, the process for which can usually be started at any Mexican embassy or consulate--or, at the very least, officers there can advise you of the requirements for the permit. (I don't work in Mexico, so I'm not personally familiar with all of the necessary paperwork.) Obtaining a tourist visa, on the other hand, is easy; the maximum length of stay per visit is 180 days.

The job market itself, from what I can tell, definitely favors those fluent in English and with university degrees in the engineering and computer sciences. Graduates of Tecnológico de Monterrey (a highly regarded institution in Mexico), for example, have no problems finding work in their chosen fields. Unfortunately, at least for Mexico, outstanding graduates are frequently invited to work outside of their country, and they accept these higher paying jobs (usually in the U.S.), leaving positions open or filled by the not-as-qualified. A letter of intent to hire you from a Mexican company may be your shortest hop to an FM-3.

Language: As others have already noted, the Spanish used in Mexico is no better or worse than the "castellano" of Spain, I've been told by experts in the field. In fact, according to a family friend who teaches at the University of Texas at Austin, Mexican Spanish (and by that is meant the written and spoken Spanish used by the educated people of Mexico) is very often the standard within U.S. university language classes. Educated native Spanish speakers in Mexico report absolutely no problems communicating with their counterparts in Spain, Colombia, Peru, or any other Spanish speaking country. Although I'm not a particularly sharp-eared Gringo, I've noticed certain linguistic idiosyncrasies among Spanish speakers: Cubans often drop the "s" sound and Spaniards pronounce some "c" and "z" sounds with what to me sounds like a lisp--and both throw me off, but Mexicans readily pick it up. But in the end, the language of Octavio Paz and Jorge Luis Borges is the same.

The people are, in a word, warm. To the visitor who arrives with an appreciation of cultural diversity, Mexicans on the whole are as friendly, respectful, and nonjudgmental as any people I've ever had the pleasure to know. When I first visited Mexico, the only Spanish I could muster was what little I remembered from school and a bit I picked up from language books. But the people have proven to be my enthusiastic teachers, and my Spanish is coming along just fine, although I tend to get lazy at home and find myself in linguistic shock for a few days when I return to Mexico.

If you have more questions, let me know, and I'll help if I can.

I really bet you could find a job in Texas, there are so many spanish speaking people here (even many high school students speak great spanish these days). Texas has a great economy and is hiring a lot, working at a fast food resturant even in a town of 10000 people you would run into (to name a few in my small town) speaking, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, English, French, German, and that is just people I know of and talk to on a regular basis. You then of course have the other dialect of english known better as southern hick english, it is another form of english altogether.

Originally posted by tfc
    Ludo
    To work in Mexico, you do need to secure what is known as an FM-3 permit, the process for which can usually be started at any Mexican embassy or consulate--or, at the very least, officers there can advise you of the requirements for the permit. (I don't work in Mexico, so I'm not personally familiar with all of the necessary paperwork.) Obtaining a tourist visa, on the other hand, is easy; the maximum length of stay per visit is 180 days.

The job market itself, from what I can tell, definitely favors those fluent in English and with university degrees in the engineering and computer sciences. Graduates of Tecnológico de Monterrey (a highly regarded institution in Mexico), for example, have no problems finding work in their chosen fields. Unfortunately, at least for Mexico, outstanding graduates are frequently invited to work outside of their country, and they accept these higher paying jobs (usually in the U.S.), leaving positions open or filled by the not-as-qualified. A letter of intent to hire you from a Mexican company may be your shortest hop to an FM-3.
    Thanks for this great post!
    I will PM you, when I will have some free time to ask you one or two question

thxs
    Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou

Originally posted by amd_duron
    I really bet you could find a job in Texas, there are so many spanish speaking people here (even many high school students speak great spanish these days). Texas has a great economy and is hiring a lot, working at a fast food resturant even in a town of 10000 people you would run into (to name a few in my small town) speaking, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, English, French, German, and that is just people I know of and talk to on a regular basis. You then of course have the other dialect of english known better as southern hick english, it is another form of english altogether.
    Erm, sounds interesting, will try to contact some chamber of commerce in Texas to see if I could find something there! Even if I doubt, I have been looking to find an Internship in the US for more than 1y and a half... And no luck at all! result, I'm in France for my final year internship

If you know any recruitement agency or head hunders in Texas, feel free to give me more info

Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou

Yeah, Texas could be a great place for you to work. I'm sure you'd love Austin. Big time place for computer/technology industry. A pretty large percentage of the population in Texas speaks good Spanish. And yeah, lol, we do speak our own Texan form of English down here, and what I call Texican.. some people break back and forth between English and Spanish mid-sentence and some of it is almost another language in and of itself! Just very diverse anyway, there are towns and areas in Texas that were founded by large populations of German immigrants..Like Fredricksburg and New Braunfels.
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    •• www.apexware.com
    ••• LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    •••• www.rockbottomhosting.com